Proximity To House Dilemma

canucker

While all the advice seems to be to locate the hot tub close to the entrance that will be used for access, I am now wondering what distance from the side of the house. Apparently my next door neighbour has a leak from outside to the basement....behind where their tub is located. They have theirs about 1-1.5 feet out from the wall of the house. My husband thinks the weeping tiles were disrupted from the weight of the tub or something...but I don't know...?!?!? As this hot tub purchase is "all me" I don't want to get into any structural damage to our house, and leaks in the basement. Believe me I would never hear the end of it!!! Any thoughts &/or advice on how to avoid this problem?

I personally dont think that the weight of the tub affected the weeping tile... they must have had some other issue. It is always recommended to either put a pad of some sort for the tub to sit on and I am sure you will be fine.

I'd keep it 30-36" inches from the house so you take the panel off and get inside if you need to in teh future for wahtever reason plus that'll make your husband feel better regarding his hypothesis..