The Costco/hydrospa Platinum Ii

wesj53

One (hopefully) final comment in regards to paintnsunni's constant challenge/question to folks to prove that their units (at much higher prices) are no better than the Costco unit, I submit the following. He asked me today and in the past to provide facts as to why I thought my Arctic (for example) was a better unit than his Hydrospa Platinum II. I told him I would happily answer that question, but that warranties played a factor in the decision making process in terms of quality of unit. So I asked him nicely to supply that information because I have never seen the data here on this forum nor can you find any info on the Costco unit on the Hydrospa site. So, this information must only exist with the owners' packet of information at time of sale. Below is paint's final answer to me after he had failed to address my question in many prior posts.

So much for trying to address this question with logic and clarity! I guess when paint is pushed for answers about his unit, he can't stand the pressure!

Yes, please supply us with the Costco/Hydrospa Platinum II warranty (to be fair). [/quote

look it up yourself (from paintnsunni)

Wes!!!! Your wrong again.....it is on the website ....Good greif!

Good job Wes, Hope you have it all out of your system.!

Rather the battle this, Go to the hydrospa website, look up your Omni spa then look up the Prestine (elite spa) and disprove my statement about the Omni being a lesser grade spa, it isn't....go look!

Rather the me explain how Costco sells the Elite spa so much less, I don't need to. They just do! You tell me how? I personaly don't care if they hijacked the factory but the fact is that Costo simply sells the spa at a great price. nothing to prove, it just is!

As to warranty I'll help you a bit.

Floor...Lifetime!

Plumbing...Lifetime!

Shell....Lifetime!

What's in your spa? LOL!!

[Rather the me explain how Costco sells the Elite spa so much less, I don't need to. They just do! You tell me how? I personaly don't care if they hijacked the factory but the fact is that Costo simply sells the spa at a great price. nothing to prove, it just is!

Gee, kinda like your logic on why a kia sells for less than a Mercedes. I don't know how they do it, they just do. They're both cars, so why spend all that money on a Benz when you can drive a Kia.

Wes!!!! Your wrong again.....it is on the website ....Good greif!

Good job Wes, Hope you have it all out of your system.!

Rather the battle this, Go to the hydrospa website, look up your Omni spa then look up the Prestine (elite spa) and disprove my statement about the Omni being a lesser grade spa, it isn't....go look!

Rather the me explain how Costco sells the Elite spa so much less, I don't need to. They just do! You tell me how? I personaly don't care if they hijacked the factory but the fact is that Costo simply sells the spa at a great price. nothing to prove, it just is!

As to warranty I'll help you a bit.

Floor...Lifetime!

Plumbing...Lifetime!

Shell....Lifetime!

What's in your spa? LOL!!

Let's try and end this discussion paint by clarifying your response to my request for warranty info on your unit. You purchased the Hydrospa Platinum Elite II from Costco correct? In your prior post, you refused to supply that info; rather you told me to "look it up on their website". Now I assume you meant the Hydrospa site, correct? Now when you go to their site (as I have done many times - even before you showed up on this forum), there is NO Platinum Elite II shown. Therefore, the warranty information you list above does not necessarily apply to your unit. Your unit is a private labeled product sold only at Costco and therefore (most likely) does not carry the same warranty as Hydrospa's standard models which are sold elsewhere (mainly on the internet). Most rational people would question how or why a company would offer the same warranty on units that are sold for $6-9k vs a big box store model that sells for $4k. So, I want YOU (or any other Costco Platinum Elite II owner) to prove that your warranties are what you say they are above. Until you prove that fact, your argument has no merit. Good try again though.

Let's try and end this discussion paint by clarifying your response to my request for warranty info on your unit. You purchased the Hydrospa Platinum Elite II from Costco correct? In your prior post, you refused to supply that info; rather you told me to "look it up on their website". Now I assume you meant the Hydrospa site, correct? Now when you go to their site (as I have done many times - even before you showed up on this forum), there is NO Platinum Elite II shown. Therefore, the warranty information you list above does not necessarily apply to your unit. Your unit is a private labeled product sold only at Costco and therefore (most likely) does not carry the same warranty as Hydrospa's standard models which are sold elsewhere (mainly on the internet). Most rational people would question how or why a company would offer the same warranty on units that are sold for $6-9k vs a big box store model that sells for $4k. So, I want YOU (or any other Costco Platinum Elite II owner) to prove that your warranties are what you say they are above. Until you prove that fact, your argument has no merit. Good try again though.

Call Hydrospa for yourself .....It's a mirrored warranrty, I'd bet your life insurance on it! J/K :D But really it is the same, you feel in error it's less, not my issue. Fact is the warranty is the same, customer service is the same and components are the same. Its obvious you didn't look as the warranty is indeed on the Platinum web site.

[/color]

Here:

dem 87-87-37 inches 325 gallons jets60 55water/10air JBL cd/am/fm/pop up speakers, warranty lifetime structural, 10 year surface , lifetime Manifold plumbing, 2 years parts and service, waterfall, lifetime stay tuff pedestal base, seats 6

spa cover 5''x3'' tapered for water run off Cover lift included.

4 pillows

3 pumps 2-3hp pumps and 1-1.5 circulation pump

65stainless steel jets

aroma therapy and anti-microbial

If looking to locate one call local costco (look on costco.com for #)

item # 876912

hot tubs cost about 1 dollar a day to run.

lifetime Manifold plumbing, 2 years parts and service,

"manifold plumbing" does NOT cover the plumbing of the spa which in turn would consist of only 2 years. It covers the manifold only (not sure why) but all glue joints within the spa is not covered. With 65 jets, that would be a concern.

A 2 year warranty is extremely sub-par for todays standards. When I mentioned how cost relates to the end product, this is only one way to reduce that final cost. There are many others... some, like lack of service, I have discussed already.

Direct from the owners manual:

Lifetime Spa Structural Warranty

10Year - Spa Surface Warranty

Lifetime Manifold Plumbing Warranty

Electrical Equipment Warranty

Warranty Performance

Limitations and Exclusions

Disclaimers

Platinum ll Spas warrants the spa shell structure against the loss of water though the fiberglass laminate of the shell caused

by defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the spa. Contact manufacturer if you

have any questions concerning warranty issues.

Platinum ll Spas warrants the interior acrylic spa surface against blisters, cracks, or delaminating resulting from a defect in

the acrylic surface material for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase, based on the following formula: Retail cost

divided by months covered (120), multiplied by months owned = replacement cost.

Platinum ll Spas warrants the plumbing manifolds, fittings, and parts to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for as

long as the spa is owned by the original purchaser.

Platinum ll Spas warrants electrical equipment and components to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a

period of 2 year from the date of purchase.

In the event of a defect covered under the terms of this Limited Warranty, notify manufacturer. Use all reasonable means to

protect the spa from further damage. A service representative will repair the spa subject to the terms and conditions

contained in this Limited Warranty. The service representative may assess reasonable travel charges, during inspection or

repairs. If we determine that repairs are not feasible due to functional defect, we reserve the right to provide a replacement

part or spa in lieu of repair. We will replace with a part of value equal to the original purchase. In such event, reasonable

costs for removal of the defective spa and delivery and installation of the replacement spa will be the responsibility of the spa

owner, to include any or all freight charges. We reserve the right to an on-site inspection by an authorized service

representative.

This limited warranty applies to spas sold after January 1, 2006. This limited warranty applies only to the Original Purchaser

and terminates with any transfer of ownership. This limited warranty does not apply to a spa used for any commercial, rental,

club purposes, or for any spa used outside of the United States unless under contract by Hydro Spa. The purchaser must

establish the date of purchase by dated sales invoice or delivery receipt.

This limited warranty does not cover damage resulting from abuse, misuse, or neglect including any installation, operation,

maintenance, or use of spa other than in accordance with the Owner's Manual of the spa. Damage caused by operation of the

spa at water temperatures outside the range of 32 degrees F. and 120 degrees F., damage caused by dirty, clogged, or calcified

filter cartridges, damage to the spa surface caused by improper use of chemicals or cleaning agents, allowing undissolved

spa sanitizing chemicals to lie on the surface, damage caused by improper pH balance or other improper water chemistry,

damaged caused by failure to provide even and sufficient support for the spa, are considered abuses and may invalidate this

Limited Warranty. Damage caused by repairs or alterations performed by anyone other than an authorized service

representative is not covered. Failure caused by accidents, acts of God, nonstructural normal wear and tear, cosmetic

blemishes and other causes beyond our control is excluded.

The warranty is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability and

fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall manufacturer be liable for incidental or consequential damages.

The spa owner is required to provide adequate access to the spa for any repair or inspection. Manufacturer shall not be liable

for loss of use of the Spa or other incidental or consequential costs, expenses or damages, which my include but are not

limited to water damage, or the removal of a permanent deck or other custom fixture. Under no circumstances shall we, or

any of our representatives be held liable for injury to any person or damage to any property, however arising. This warranty

gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights. No service company, or other party is authorized to change,

modify, or extend the terms of this Limited Warranty in any manner what so ever.

W A R R A N T Y

By signing this warranty

card you have read &

understand the owners

manual in its entirety.

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE:

PHONE NUMBER: ( ) -

DATE OF PURCHASE:

MODEL:

SPA SERIAL NO.:

CUSTOMER NAME:

STREET ADDRESS:

CUSTOMER PHONE NO:

E-MAIL ADDRESS:

SIGNATURE: DATE:

CITY: STATE: Zip:

( ) -

IMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION

The Warranty Card Must Be Filled Out Completely and Mailed Within Ten (10) Days of Purchase To Validate Warranty.

Call Hydrospa for yourself .....It's a mirrored warranrty, I'd bet your life insurance on it! J/K :D But really it is the same, you feel in error it's less, not my issue. Fact is the warranty is the same, customer service is the same and components are the same. Its obvious you didn't look as the warranty is indeed on the Platinum web site.

[/color]

Here:

dem 87-87-37 inches 325 gallons jets60 55water/10air JBL cd/am/fm/pop up speakers, warranty lifetime structural, 10 year surface , lifetime Manifold plumbing, 2 years parts and service, waterfall, lifetime stay tuff pedestal base, seats 6

spa cover 5''x3'' tapered for water run off Cover lift included.

4 pillows

3 pumps 2-3hp pumps and 1-1.5 circulation pump

65stainless steel jets

aroma therapy and anti-microbial

If looking to locate one call local costco (look on costco.com for #)

item # 876912

hot tubs cost about 1 dollar a day to run.

Depends on the state that you live. If you live in long island the dollar a day was 5 years ago.