Too Much Baqua Spa Sanitizer

icewoz

I have a hard time reading those Baqua Spa test strips, and it appeared that the sanitizer was too low, so I added some, and now I have mildly cloudy water.

I took a sample to my dealer who is the one that confirmed that there was too much sanitizer in it. He said not to add any for at least a month, and I'd probably have to drain the water. I really don't want to do that, I only had fresh water in there for a week before this occurred.

Am I screwed? Should I just drain and restart, or is there something I can do?

Thanks!!!

Often times it will be time that will fix this problem. With the Biguanide sanitzer in your Baqua Spa, the fastest way to deplete it is through using the hot tub. However, if your levels are really high it may not be the most comfortable experience. You might try opening the cover and letting it get some good sun light, and run your jets. Can see if this helps it to lower a little faster.

Be sure to rinse your filter our or at least check it. The biguanide systems seem to collect more stuff in your filter, so if you over did it you'll want to keep an eye on the filter and make sure it doesn't plug up with shtuff. :) At least this has been my experience with the Soft Soak product (which is a competitive brand similar to Baqua Spa).

EDIT: By the way. Were they able to give you an idea of how much sanitizer was actually in it? Like a ppm (part per million) count? I'm just wondering if it really would be much easier to drain it depending on how high it really is.