Jacuzzi J-355 And Bullfrog 462

sdriv

:wacko: So I'm into my 3 month of looking at everything hot tub. I've looked at used and new, just about every brand. Tried a few different models and really liked all of them. So now it has just come down to $ and what extras I can get for that $. I've narrowed it down to the two what I think are the best deals but I would like all of your inputs as well. The Jacuzzi package is this: J-355, pearl finish and chestnut cabinet, cover, lifter, steps, start-up chemicals delivered for $7100+tax. The Bullfrog package is 462 Blue shell with redwood cabinet, my choice of jet paks, led and perimeter lights, cover, lifter, steps and start up chemicals delivered for $7399+tax. Let me hear all your thoughts and suggestions on the brands as well as the deals! Thanks

I don't know anything about the Jacuzzi, but the Bullfrog is a great tub. Bullfrogs are renowned for being energy efficient, they have a lower wall and less plumbing than a conventional tub. This is one of the reasons for the efficiency, less resistance in the plumbing = less energy to move it around (pumps don't have to work so hard). Also the jet paks are a great design acheivement. Not only can they be relocated around the tub in most cases, they can be exchanged for completely different paks if your needs change. For example, if you or someone who regularly uses the tub suddenly develops a back injury, there are jet paks that address specific area's of your lower and upper back, and can be easily and quickly interchanged.

Also, the warranty is great and, speaking as a technician, these are very reliable and well built tubs.

:wacko: So I'm into my 3 month of looking at everything hot tub. I've looked at used and new, just about every brand. Tried a few different models and really liked all of them. So now it has just come down to $ and what extras I can get for that $. I've narrowed it down to the two what I think are the best deals but I would like all of your inputs as well. The Jacuzzi package is this: J-355, pearl finish and chestnut cabinet, cover, lifter, steps, start-up chemicals delivered for $7100+tax. The Bullfrog package is 462 Blue shell with redwood cabinet, my choice of jet paks, led and perimeter lights, cover, lifter, steps and start up chemicals delivered for $7399+tax. Let me hear all your thoughts and suggestions on the brands as well as the deals! Thanks

Between those two I would personally go with Jacuzzi in this case but neither is a bad option so it really needs to be about which is best for you but the best way to find that out is with a wet test which I see no mention of.

The J355 is similar to my J345 but it has a lounger. I love my J345.

Thanks Shovel! I actually was looking at the 345 because I didn't really feel the need for the lounger but he is offering it for the same price and looking at the brochure it has the same foot space so I might go for it!!

When I was shopping, I much preferred the jet action of the Jacuzzi over the Bullfrog. Jet packs seemed very gimmicky to me. But that's a personal opinion, not saying they don't work or aren't reliable. In my area, the Jacuzzi dealer is well known for offering great service. Consider which dealer will look after you better. Good luck.