How To Use Bromine Correctly?

Max01

Hello,

I have bought AquaBrome SPA and the Aquabrome Regenerator. In the next days I'm refilling my spa. How can I use bromine correctly? I don't have Sodium bromide so how can I rise the bromine level in a short time -the bromine tablets are hardly soluble. How many tablets of bromine should I use for 680 gallons of water? When do I need the regenerator? I have a cd ozone generator so do I generally need the regenerator?

Thank you very much!!!

greetings,

Max

Hello,

I have bought AquaBrome SPA and the Aquabrome Regenerator. In the next days I'm refilling my spa. How can I use bromine correctly? I don't have Sodium bromide so how can I rise the bromine level in a short time -the bromine tablets are hardly soluble. How many tablets of bromine should I use for 680 gallons of water? When do I need the regenerator? I have a cd ozone generator so do I generally need the regenerator?

Thank you very much!!!

greetings,

Max

I have no idea what an "aquabrome regenerator" is, maybe you should see what the manufacturer says.

I used bromine in my spa for three years... simplest possible regimen.... always had clear water, no smell at all and no complaints from anyone. I used a floater with 1-2 tabs. I had to play with the number of tabs I put in and the opening on the floater to get it about right. My spa was 355 gallons. I checked the level every day (sometimes skipped a day) with test strips. Yes I know strips are considered low-end but they are easy, cheap and they seemed to work fine. When bromine level got too high, I would pull the floater out for a day or two. Every week, I would shock with MPS - or more often if there was a lot of guests in the spa. This always resulted in the bromine reading going up. If too high, the floater would come out for a day or two. I also used a mineral stick (not fully convinced it did much) and had ozone. I never had any problems, except once in a while I would get excessive foaming. On draining, I would use one of those plumbing-flush products. Never saw any crud come out of the plumbing, though... just did it to keep things clean.

I used a bottle of metal-gone (by Leisure Time, that was the brand stocked at the local place) on every refill. I don't know if there was actually much metal in the water.. I did it as cheap insurance. Then I would dump in a little packet of sodium bromide... about 2 ounces, as I recall, to get the initial level established. Why not just get some and avoid the worry? It's cheap and instantly establishes your sanitizer.

On a fresh fill, the only hard part was getting the ph right. This seemed to take a lot of dry acid over a day or two, but after it was brought into the proper range, it was easy to maintain. The other things, like total alkalinity and harness, always fell in line for me. My water was hard - 21 grains (I had a softener for the water inside the house, but not the garden hoses or irrigation).

The foaming thing was never solved with anti-foam potion. That stuff works instantly, but doesn't last more than one soak at most. I kept some on-hand in case the foaming started when I had guests. The thing that worked for me was to get it to foam up as much as possible, then scoop out the foam (took quite a while to get it all with the jets on). Then give it a double shock with MPS. It worked every time. There's two kinds of foam. The foam that goes away within seconds after turning off the jet pumps, and the persistant kind. I just scooped the persistent foam.

This worked for me! No problems, no chlorine smell, no faded bathing suits like you can get if the chlorine level is too high (which upsets the ladies), and - importantly - minimum effort.