New Pump For 2003 Calspa

dontcallmejeff

Been researching this for a while. The low speed on the pump doesn't work so the water over heats.

Want to replace the pump. The specs on the pump follow.

Dually

v230

speed 2450/1725

amp 13.2 /4.0

base size 56

side discharge.

Pretty sure the HP is 4.0

Found some on ebay that are close don't match the amps or HP. Would be alright to use a 4.5 HP pump instead. Also any pointers in doing the actual replacment.

Thanks for any help. Don't want to order the wrong pump.

Been researching this for a while. The low speed on the pump doesn't work so the water over heats.

Dually

v230

speed 2450/1725

amp 13.2 /4.0

base size 56

side discharge.

Found some on ebay that are close don't match the amps or HP. Would be alright to use a 4.5 HP pump instead. Also any pointers in doing the actual replacment.

The label on the motor is probably different than in 2003. The 5BHP and 6BHP motors today have different amp readings than a few years ago. I believe the dually pumps are a 4BHP. Make sure it is a new motor, not a cleaned up used motor. There have been a few of those going around. Also, check the size of the motor and wet end. I have seen some GE motors that were 56 frame with 48 frame sized wet ends.

Dually

v230

speed 2450/1725

amp 13.2 /4.0

base size 56

side discharge.

The label on the motor is probably different than in 2003. The 5BHP and 6BHP motors today have different amp readings than a few years ago. I believe the dually pumps are a 4BHP. Make sure it is a new motor, not a cleaned up used motor. There have been a few of those going around. Also, check the size of the motor and wet end. I have seen some GE motors that were 56 frame with 48 frame sized wet ends.

Thanks for the reply. Can I use a 3BHP motor instead of a 4BHP. Also is there anything else I should look for in a replacement pump.

Dually

v230

speed 2450/1725

amp 13.2 /4.0

base size 56

side discharge.

Thanks for the reply. Can I use a 3BHP motor instead of a 4BHP. Also is there anything else I should look for in a replacement pump.

I have never heard of a 3BHP GE Dually. Assuming there is a difference besides the writing on label, it might have less power. The 4BHP Dually is rated at approximately 192 gallons per minute.