Strange Leak Around Outside Of Jet?

dvigue

i have an older heritage spa, i have a slow leak around where one of the jets go into the side of the spa. here is a picture of it. if i lift up slightly on the 2 pipes feeding the jet, the drip stops, so that tells me that it might of pulled away the seal from the top somewhere.

what is the best way to repair this? sealant? i have drained it to repair it. it is very old so im sure parts are not really availble, but im wondering if i can just seal it from the inside of the spa or the outside..

any ideas?

thanks gang. love this website.

****BTW..the silicone in the picture was from me when i first tried to stop the leak...****

photoax.jpg

When I first got my used tub, it had been sitting for a while and had a few leaks once i filled it and started to use it. I had a ring on the dry side that secured the fitting in the shell and all i had to do was tighten it about a 1/4 turn and that stopped it. It doesn't look like yours are like mine. You may have a ring of some type on the water side you can turn to tighten. Someone here will know.

Next time, if you are gunna use silicone, run the silicon bead around the outside of the fitting inside the tub. That way, the presssure of the water is pushing the silicone against the leak.

I don't know if you can see it here. Between the shell, (tub) and the fitting. Run a bead all the way around, then run your finger around it, to smooth and give it a professional finish. Have a rag with you as silicone can get out of hand fast.

127_4825.jpg

When I first got my used tub, it had been sitting for a while and had a few leaks once i filled it and started to use it. I had a ring on the dry side that secured the fitting in the shell and all i had to do was tighten it about a 1/4 turn and that stopped it. It doesn't look like yours are like mine. You may have a ring of some type on the water side you can turn to tighten. Someone here will know.

Next time, if you are gunna use silicone, run the silicon bead around the outside of the fitting inside the tub. That way, the presssure of the water is pushing the silicone against the leak.

I don't know if you can see it here. Between the shell, (tub) and the fitting. Run a bead all the way around, then run your finger around it, to smooth and give it a professional finish. Have a rag with you as silicone can get out of hand fast.

127_4825.jpg

oh ok I did not know I could put the silicone in the tub itself, I will go do the now... ThNks alot

127_4825.jpg

oh ok I did not know I could put the silicone in the tub itself, I will go do the now... ThNks alot

No, don't do that. Unthread the fitting on the inside of the tub, pull the back jet fitting away from the tub, thoroughly clean the old silicone off, put new silicone on the flat flange of the rear jet piece only, hold that fitting lightly against the tub and have someone re-insert and hand tighten the front jet piece.

John