Hot Tub Height

DK117

I'm looking for advise on hot tub height. I was at a hot tub show yesterday, prices were fantastic, but I did not realize the variation in height. In fact I saw a few tubs that looked more like swimming pools ie 10 feet by 8 feet and 5 feet high. Anyway, I got to thinking, some of the entry level tubs are 36 or less inches high. Seems 40 to 45 is the upper end tubs. Any opinions on this one? I'm average height, 5'10", but I have short legs and a long torso, I have to adjust every car I drive to have the seat lowered or I hit my head on the ceiling like I'm 6'3" or something. Is a short tub going to leave me out of the water?

Anyway, please post the upside/downside of a 36 inch tall tub (92 x 92.)

DK117

DK117

That is the size of my La spa Heet, it has seats of different depths, a lounger and a step for getting in and out of the spa which is also used as a cool down seat. I am also 5'10" the spa fits perfectly.

A lot of companies make spas over 10 feet long and the longer ones are usually swim spas.

What we did notice when we were looking was that on some of the spas we tested, was that we had quite a lot of our body out of the water, even in the so called deep seats.

What is important is the actual depth of the seats. If you can wet test a few makes you will soon feel the difference and as there are many makes and models available you will find one at least which you feel comfortable with.

DK117

I'm 5'10" also and am fine in a 38" spa so if your torso is longthen you'll probably want someting 36" to 38"which are very standard depths for bigger spas. The problem sometimes is when someone wants a smaller (x and y) spa and finds that its not deep enough for their liking.