Arctic Spa Help, Please

jskadams

To anyone,

I have had my Arctic tub now for just over a year. I have been using the throw away filters and have changed the water on the regular schedule, about 3 times in the last year. I have been getting what my dealer says is debris from having too high of ph and in result, it has been distroying my filter sending out small particles of "stuff" into my tub. I thought by changing the water this problem would be solved, but I was wrong. They are back again for the third time after the third change of water. What should I be doing? throwing the tub over the fence with the water???

Cheers

Jeff

The filter you use is a Micropure 1Micron , myself I now use the Silver Sentinel,same idea, 1-micron depth fitration but they have solid end caps and mesh on the exterior surface. No more particles, your Arctic Spa dealer should be stocking them.

Did you have the same problem with your filter. I have brought one of those filters today and will be putting it into the tub tomorrow after the salt dissolves. Does it really work that good and will it get rid of all the pre-existing particles?

Thanks for the reply

The filter you use is a Micropure 1Micron , myself I now use the Silver Sentinel,same idea, 1-micron depth fitration but they have solid end caps and mesh on the exterior surface. No more particles, your Arctic Spa dealer should be stocking them.

I've had the Micropure bust open, too! I use a pool screen to remove any debris and bugs from the tub. When I skimmed the filter debris and removed it from my screen by banging the screen on my deck, I noticed it was fiberous, not powdery. I took a look at my filter and the top corner was peeling back. I deduced this was the culprit.

Recently the dealer I go to stopped using micropure and has the Silver Sentinel. They cost a little more, but I bought four and got one free. This made it the same price as the former.

It does rattle your nerves to see the white crap floating around your spa, that's for sure!

• 3 years later...

SKU 007064 and BarCode 6 935809 911582 (?)

I've just posted the following under the previous Topic about the Sentinel Filters, in case other visitor come directly to this Topic:

As I removed the wrapping on a Silver Sentinel I noticed the caution:DO NOT USE water clarifiers. As nobody has mentioned this earlier I thought I would highlight the warning in case anyone is experiencing poor results with their new filter. This might apply if someone had been treating for cloudy water just before switching to this new filter.

I've forgotten my chemistry from long, long ago but I am aware (after 20 years of looking after a swimming pool) that water clarifiers generally are copper-based, intoducing copper ions into the pool to attach to bacteria and impurities. I would imagine this Warning on the label is intended to prevent Users from "poisoning" the silver (halide?) composition of the new filter.

Just a thought. Maybe someone else may care to fill in the rest of the chemistry behind this manufacturer's warning?