Any Sales Incentives From Hot Springs

vert65

After shopping around we have decided on the Hot Springs Envoy. The salesman is giving the impression that the initial price is the price take it or leave it. Does Hot Springs ever offer any incentives to buy? Do I have to bargain with the dealer? What are your experiences?

We try to keep our prices down enough so no one has to haggle. We do reduce the price on a floor model.

You can definately haggle with them. Just make it in a nice easy way. Maybe ask for add ons or something like that. They are probably more apt to do that. But, In my mind with this economy they should definately have some bending room in there.

What price did you get? If you don't mind.

We try to keep our prices down enough so no one has to haggle. We do reduce the price on a floor model.

You can definately haggle with them. Just make it in a nice easy way. Maybe ask for add ons or something like that. They are probably more apt to do that. But, In my mind with this economy they should definately have some bending room in there.

What price did you get? If you don't mind.

You should always try to haggle; even when they give you the impression the price is their best price. Haggling is free as long as you are firm but respectful and polite.

I went through this buying a car 2 weeks ago where the initial special sale price was $16.5k (not a bad starting point off the ridiculous sticker price of $19.7k) and after some give and take it came down to "$15.5k is the best we can do". I said let me think about it and 10 minutes later said "I'll buy it now for $15k but anything more and I have to go home and think about it". He of course had to "talk to the manager" but then said "deal". I was satisfied that I did about as well as I could do (and that was before I gave them my clunker, thanks Uncle Sam) as I couldn't just say yes until they gave me their "best price" and then I had to try for a little more. If they had said "no, we can't, $15.5k is really our best" I may have bought it anyway knowing they weren't budging more but I had to try.

I assume it has the options you want (steps, lifter, etc.) so if its the spa you want I'd say "I'll buy it now for $x,xxx". If they say "no, we can't go lower" I'd counter with something like "OK I'll pay your price for the spa if you give me $200 store credit for future chems and accessories" (almost every dealer will prefer to give store credit vs lowering the spa price). If they still say no then I think you may be finding they are giving you their best price.

$9,800 sounds like a very good price to me.

As far as incentives go, Hot Spring as a company doesn't offer incentives. Thankfully the Hot Tub industry doesn't work quite like cars do! Though over the lifetime of owning the spa, owning a Hot Spring versus something else will probably save you a lot of money anyhow. Better energy efficiency, and greater reliability in my experience.

As far as incentives go, Hot Spring as a company doesn't offer incentives. Thankfully the Hot Tub industry doesn't work quite like cars do! Though over the lifetime of owning the spa, owning a Hot Spring versus something else will probably save you a lot of money anyhow. Better energy efficiency, and greater reliability in my experience.

$9800 is not bad, but I think you've got some room for negotiation. I bought the same hot tub this spring. Paid $9500 delivered and installed including a cover lift and steps. And I live in a state with 9.5% sales tax. Best $9500 I've ever spent; you'll be very happy with the HS Envoy.

$9800 is not bad, but I think you've got some room for negotiation. I bought the same hot tub this spring. Paid $9500 delivered and installed including a cover lift and steps. And I live in a state with 9.5% sales tax. Best $9500 I've ever spent; you'll be very happy with the HS Envoy.

Its way under Watkins MSRP price of $11,995

Was the $9500 including the 9.5% sales tax?

Here in TN we are at 9.5% in sales tax also. :wacko: