Hot Springs Prodigy V. Jacuzzi 325

Koolbreez

Hello, new forum member here, doing my research before I buy a spa. I've found lots of great info on the board and now I've narrowed my search to these two spas and was hoping to get some final details before pulling the trigger.

We wet-tested the Prodigy and Sovereign at our local dealer and we were surprised that we liked the Prodigy better. We just thought we wouldn't use the lounge that much and liked the more defined upright seating of the Prodigy.

We will be wet-testing the Jacuzzi 325 in a couple of days and I haven't found much on the boards about this model. The sales guy tells me that the jets on the 325 are "the best in the industry right now." Just sales talk or any truth to this? Would anyone like chime in on your opinions of these two models or make any comparisons you may be able to?

Also hoping someone will tell me if the prices I've been quoted seem in line. The Prodigy was quoted at $6400 and the Jacuzzi at $6895. Do these prices seem right? I got the impression I might be able to haggle a little more with the Jacuzzi guy, but will certainly try it out on either one depending on our impressions of the 325 in a couple of days.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, new forum member here, doing my research before I buy a spa. I've found lots of great info on the board and now I've narrowed my search to these two spas and was hoping to get some final details before pulling the trigger.

We wet-tested the Prodigy and Sovereign at our local dealer and we were surprised that we liked the Prodigy better. We just thought we wouldn't use the lounge that much and liked the more defined upright seating of the Prodigy.

We will be wet-testing the Jacuzzi 325 in a couple of days and I haven't found much on the boards about this model. The sales guy tells me that the jets on the 325 are "the best in the industry right now." Just sales talk or any truth to this? Would anyone like chime in on your opinions of these two models or make any comparisons you may be able to?

Also hoping someone will tell me if the prices I've been quoted seem in line. The Prodigy was quoted at $6400 and the Jacuzzi at $6895. Do these prices seem right? I got the impression I might be able to haggle a little more with the Jacuzzi guy, but will certainly try it out on either one depending on our impressions of the 325 in a couple of days.

Thanks in advance.

I can't tell you much about the Prodigy, but I have a 325. We like it, it is a bit deep for our shorter guests, but also has plenty of depth for us and our taller guests. It is fairly simple, which is what I wanted...less to go wrong. The jets work very well and are reasonably theraputic. The only gets that I would like to have would be some to specifically work my thighs and calves.

Great tub IMHO, but I am very biased as I own one.

Thanks in advance.

That's a good price for a Prodigy. What comes with it?

The line about the jets on the 325 is indeed sales talk. It doesn't even have the "best" Jacuzzi has to offer.

Definitely sales talk. "best" jets really is an opinion based thing. It really can't be quantified. Now someone could test and argue "best filtration" or energy efficiency. But something like jets are really all about preference. Some folks may hate those jets, and others may love them. You should sit in it and see if they are as great as claimed. :)

That is a good price for the Hot Spring Prodigy though. :) You can't go wrong with Hot Spring.

Also hoping someone will tell me if the prices I've been quoted seem in line. The Prodigy was quoted at $6400 and the Jacuzzi at $6895. Do these prices seem right?

That is tough to answer without you providing what those prices include. You may want steps (you will actually but some make their own), you're going to want a cover lifter IMO, you'll need chems, an electrical subpanel...