Spa Very Slightly Unleveled -- Cause Of Power-light Blinking?

MikeVB

I just purchased a used HS Prodigy spa. I filled it yesterday and have experienced a blinking power light (i.e., problem) twice now. I reset both the heater and spa high limit thermostat reset buttons and the spa then operated properly. Yes, the filters ARE fairly dirty; but I did rinse them out relatively thoroughly (still, white gunk was coming out).

HOWEVER, I just noticed that the spa is not perfectly level. There is maybe a 2% difference where one side of the spa has water to a certain point and the other is maybe a 1/2 inch lower. One of the documents in the package says that,

"In order for the [spa] to operate properly, and the internal plumbing to drain completely, the spa must be level."

So my questions are,

(1) could my very slight 2% level difference cause the power light to blink (the manual only says the power light can blink because the equipment access door is not secured, or the thermostats are tripped), and

(2) how important IS it actually for the spa to be absolutely and 100% perfectly leveled?

I just purchased a used HS Prodigy spa. I filled it yesterday and have experienced a blinking power light (i.e., problem) twice now. I reset both the heater and spa high limit thermostat reset buttons and the spa then operated properly. Yes, the filters ARE fairly dirty; but I did rinse them out relatively thoroughly (still, white gunk was coming out).

HOWEVER, I just noticed that the spa is not perfectly level. There is maybe a 2% difference where one side of the spa has water to a certain point and the other is maybe a 1/2 inch lower. One of the documents in the package says that,

"In order for the [spa] to operate properly, and the internal plumbing to drain completely, the spa must be level."

So my questions are,

(1) could my very slight 2% level difference cause the power light to blink (the manual only says the power light can blink because the equipment access door is not secured, or the thermostats are tripped), and

(2) how important IS it actually for the spa to be absolutely and 100% perfectly leveled?

No, the flashing power light has nothing to do with the spa being level.

Your most likely problem is an air-bound, clogged, or dead circulation pump. You need to verify that the small circulation pump is running.

Many thanks for that answer. Pardon my newbie ignorance, but since I have to remove the equipment door (which automatically shuts off all power) to GET to that pump, how would I actually be able to determine if that pump is working....? Otherwise I'm just a typical consumer and no very little about electronics besides plugging a cord into the wall turns things on... haha

BTW, is there a way on this forum to have all answers expanded in threads so I don't have to open each link to see responses separately?

Many thanks for that answer. Pardon my newbie ignorance, but since I have to remove the equipment door (which automatically shuts off all power) to GET to that pump, how would I actually be able to determine if that pump is working....? Otherwise I'm just a typical consumer and no very little about electronics besides plugging a cord into the wall turns things on... haha

BTW, is there a way on this forum to have all answers expanded in threads so I don't have to open each link to see responses separately?

With the spa running you should be able to water moving from the circulator pump

When remove the door look on the back side for any magnets. They used these to close interlock to get the spa run. Sometimes they big black magnets or small white ones. Either of the you place a magnet over them with door off and the spa will run.