Electrical Connection Under Tub

cbb77

My dealer came out to do the site survey for our tub yesterday. I was planning to install a concrete slab and he mentioned to install a conduit for the electrical to come up underneath the tub instead of on the side. I questioned it but he said they do it all the time. Does this sound right to folks? While it sounded good to me I am concerned about making a hole underneath the tub due to warranty purposes as well as not sure if this would make it easier for critters to get in. Let me know if this is common and if there are any cons to doing as dealer recommended.

Thanks

My dealer came out to do the site survey for our tub yesterday. I was planning to install a concrete slab and he mentioned to install a conduit for the electrical to come up underneath the tub instead of on the side. I questioned it but he said they do it all the time. Does this sound right to folks? While it sounded good to me I am concerned about making a hole underneath the tub due to warranty purposes as well as not sure if this would make it easier for critters to get in. Let me know if this is common and if there are any cons to doing as dealer recommended.

Thanks

With a hole on the bottom of the tub and the tub sitting on the hole it would have to be a very skinny critter to shimmy underneath the tub.

This is a common practice and makes for an asteticly pleasing electrical instalation. Depending on your tub there is an issue with placement. Make sure your placement is in the right location.