Floating When The Jets Are On

Laenini

About 2 weeks ago my husband and I bought a new CalSpas tub from a hot tub liquidator (he aquired it from a CalSpas dealer who had gone bankrupt.) Because of the liquidator middleman, we did not get a chance to wet test the tub. Instead made the decision based on issues like price, number of pumps, number of jets, seating configuration, etc... For the most part we are happy with the tub, but we have discovered one annoyance. Each corner of this tub has a captain's seat with multiple neck and back jets, and with them turned on we both have trouble sitting in and staying in the seats. Its like the jets push us up and out and it feels like if we don't hang on we will float away! I have to find something to hang onto while I tense up my body to keep in my seat. That's kind of the oposite of what I want to do in my tub! I want to relax and let the jets massage tension out of my body! Not tense up and hang on for dear life! :blink:

Does anyone have any advice? My husband and I are both fairly short people (I am 5'3" and he is about 5'7"). Are we too short for these seats? We are still pretty confused by the array of diverters, dials, and pumps on this tub. Is there a way to fine tune some of the combinations of settings to get some good jet action in those seats without the jets blowing us out of the tub? This is a large tub (8ft by 8ft) and it seats 7-8 people. Because of the liquidation aspect of the purchase, we don't know the exact model, but it looks like a "Victory Xtreme" series tub based on what I can see on the CalSpas website.

And finally, a really stupid question. This tub has a volcano jet in the floor. What is the purpose of a volcano jet? Its such a high rate of flow that it steals a lot of water pressure from the other jets when we turn it on. Its way too forceful to enjoy as a foot jet. Am I missing something obvious that we are supposed to be using this jet for? :huh:

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

And finally, a really stupid question. This tub has a volcano jet in the floor. What is the purpose of a volcano jet?

Its purpose is mostly to make the spa look impressive on the showroom floor.

lol, I suspected as much! You gotta admit though, "Volcano Jet" certainly sounds impressive! :lol:

I would download the Victory Extreme manual and see how close it really is to your spa. I often use the diverters to tone down the massage in a particular seat. That should be a pretty standard feature of any spa with diverters. In the manual there should be a diagram showing what the diverters do.

Play around with all the levers and such. There should be levers or dials to adjust the jet pressure - it may be a matter of turning the jet collar itself. I'm not familiar with that spa but most spas work this way. There also might be a diverter lever on top that switches between jets - if it has one you can put it in the middle position which should reduce the pressure.

Play around with it and have fun.

You should be able to find spa cushions to raise you guys up a little.

Happy Soaking