Sundance Optima Vs Maax 780

Hi everyone,

I haven't been able to find too much info on the maax 780. Which is the better spa, the Maax 780 or the Sundance optima? I'm in ontario, canada, what would a fair price be for the sundance optima in canadian dollars? Fully loaded, stereo, lifter, steps, GFCI etc, with all tax included. Thanks in advance!

Maax spas were sold as "Coleman Spas" for a while. That changed here this year. So for reliability information, or to look up reviews and such, you'll want to look into past "Coleman Spas" models.

Now, of course I'm a big Hot Spring advocate (both because I sell them, and since I know their reliability, quality, and efficiency so well). They're just a phenomenal hot tub in my opinion/experience. If you haven't checked with a Hot Spring Spa dealer, I'd definitely suggest you do so. Hot Spring also makes a new line called Limelight, their "Pulse" model is similar to the Sundance Optima.

As far as Sundance versus Maax spas. Generally, I'd lean toward Sundance simply because I think it's going to be a more efficient spa (which is important to me personally). If you live in Arizona (where Maax are made) insulation isn't a big deal. If you're in a colder climate, the Sundance is the better insulated hot tub.

Ultimately though, figure out which spa you like. Sit in them (wet or dry) and make sure you like the way the seating feels. That's a pretty darn important factor. :)

The Optima is going for around $12,400 in Manitoba, without stereo, GFI, steps, taxes extra. I'm having a really tough time deciding between the Sundance Optima and the Jacuzzi 470. Unfortunately, the Jacuzzi dealer here is the also the Hot Springs dealer. They don't have one HS tub in their building, but they say they're good and they could sell me/order me one. Sure, I'll buy one completely sight unseen...NOT!

What are you getting for pricing in Ontario?

The price for the Sundance optima here in ontario is apparently cheaper than manitoba, as it's about $12600, which includes everything (stereo, GFCI, steps, lifter, and all taxes).

I'm also considering the Sterling leisure desire, made by premium leisure. Sterling leisure is the luxury line of the premium leisure company, the model is the desire, 91"x91"x37".

http://www.premiumleisure.com/spas/desire.html

The price I've been quoted on this is amazing, $8400, which again includes everything (taxes, lifter, stereo with pop up speakers, GFCI). It seems to stack up well with the optima, and is 2" bigger in both length and width. It's over $4000 cheaper than the optima. Full warranty, the owner of the dealership does the warranty work himself. It says 2" foam insulation, foil barrier, ABS flooring. I'm no expert, but does this compare favourably with the full foam insulation of sundance? If the insulation on this sterling leisure desire is about as good as the sundance, then it would seem to be a no brainer to buy the sterling leisure desire over the optima given the $4200 price difference.

Any thoughts or comments?

The price for the Sundance optima here in ontario is apparently cheaper than manitoba, as it's about $12600, which includes everything (stereo, GFCI, steps, lifter, and all taxes).

I'm also considering the Sterling leisure desire, made by premium leisure. Sterling leisure is the luxury line of the premium leisure company, the model is the desire, 91"x91"x37".

http://www.premiumleisure.com/spas/desire.html

The price I've been quoted on this is amazing, $8400, which again includes everything (taxes, lifter, stereo with pop up speakers, GFCI). It seems to stack up well with the optima, and is 2" bigger in both length and width. It's over $4000 cheaper than the optima. Full warranty, the owner of the dealership does the warranty work himself. It says 2" foam insulation, foil barrier, ABS flooring. I'm no expert, but does this compare favourably with the full foam insulation of sundance? If the insulation on this sterling leisure desire is about as good as the sundance, then it would seem to be a no brainer to buy the sterling leisure desire over the optima given the $4200 price difference.

Any thoughts or comments?

Premium Liesure is a newer entity that picked up the pieces of the defunk Hydro spas in late 2007.

There website states 32 years experience but how long have they been actually in business operating under the same name?

Premium Liesure is a newer entity that picked up the pieces of the defunk Hydro spas in late 2007.

There website states 32 years experience but how long have they been actually in business operating under the same name?

And unless they had a complete overhaul of there business model there premium line will be mediocre comparitivly at best.

Kevin,

I don't know much about premium leisure brands, but other members of this forum do. Try doing a search of this forum and I suspect you'll find discussion on them.

Being that you're in Ontario, have you looked at the Sunrise Spas? I've had one for 14+ years now, it has been absolutely great! I'm looking to upgrade now (just for something new, more jets, and to put it outside...). Unfortunately, we don't have a Sunrise dealer here anymore, but I would certainly look at them. I expect their pricing will be better than a Sundance.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been able to find too much info on the maax 780. Which is the better spa, the Maax 780 or the Sundance optima? I'm in ontario, canada, what would a fair price be for the sundance optima in canadian dollars? Fully loaded, stereo, lifter, steps, GFCI etc, with all tax included. Thanks in advance!

Maax makes a great product. there are high quality spas , they just don't push the marketing as much as the others. There buisness practice has always been to make the best spa for the price and I think they do, I have been selling maax stuff for a long time (1990) and they stand behind it. They are cheaper to buy for a dealer so they should be sold cheaper to the consumer than other makes.

There thermolock insulation is way above any other non full foamed spa. Artic spas are up there too. The cabinet is a tight seal no heat gets out, no critters get in. The pump heat stays in the spa cabinet and keep everything warm and helps heat the spa instead of exhausting to the outside like many full foam spas. There electric draw with low pump and heat is the same as ones with a circ pump that sundance and some other use. About 21 amps. The 780 is one of there newer spas introduced but based on the older 705, 706 platform. Repairs will cheaper and easier after the warranty if needed because of the non full foam.

You can't go wrong really with either the maax or Sundance, they both been making good stuff it really is up to what spa fits your needs.

It really hard to go by energy guides because there are no guidelines, each manufacture test the spa there own way in the most optium conditions. Is also depends on how much you use the spa and how long the therapy jet pumps are running. I know Marquis and Hotspring tell how they came up with energy rating. Artic spas are another company that has good spas which I think are made in Canada.