Spa Problem - Need Advice

Hello, I have had a Tiger River Spa for 3 years, no problems ever.

Last night I opened the spa, ran the cleaning cycle 2 times (10 minutes each)

When I came back to check, the spa had no power at all. The control panel does not light up.

The tub was connected by a professional with the required connector and is on the gfci and has a dedicated connection to the service inside the house. never had an issue.

I reset the breaker many times, reset the gfci plug. It has a test and reset button on it and it lights up fine. Just no power to the tub.

so, should I call an electrician or are there tub professionals I should call?

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,

worried tub owner.

Hello, I have had a Tiger River Spa for 3 years, no problems ever.

Last night I opened the spa, ran the cleaning cycle 2 times (10 minutes each)

When I came back to check, the spa had no power at all. The control panel does not light up.

The tub was connected by a professional with the required connector and is on the gfci and has a dedicated connection to the service inside the house. never had an issue.

I reset the breaker many times, reset the gfci plug. It has a test and reset button on it and it lights up fine. Just no power to the tub.

so, should I call an electrician or are there tub professionals I should call?

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks,

worried tub owner.

If you are confident in your electrical knowledge....take the panel cover off and make sure you have power to the tub. (use a multimeter, you should see 120v on both legs of your 240v circuit, if you don't know what I am talking about, dont test it.)

If there is power to your tub...call the tub service tech....if there is not power to your tub...call an electrician.

I had a transformer go out on my tub, and the tub appeared completely dead until I got it replaced..but that was just me....I don't know what kind of controls you have.

It could just be a fuse....but if your fuse blew out...there is most likely more to the story.

It sounds like you probably don't have power going to the spa. IF you're capable, use a multimeter as suggested above to make sure there is power running to the spa. I'm guessing you're running 110v since you mentioned a GFCI plug. If you're not comfortable around electrical stuff, I wouldn't mess with it.

The first step is to determine whether an electrician needs to be called, or whether the hot tub dealer needs to be called. Could be a problem inside the spa, or with the power hooked to the spa itself.

If the power indicator on the 110v GFCI plug is lighting up, then it must be getting power. That would suggest to me the problem is potentially inside the hot tub. I'd contact your Hot Spring/Tiger River dealer for help.