Urgent: Please Help With Hayward Colored Led :/

JeffH

Hi guys, a new member here.

Seeing that this forum contains many knowleadgeable people on the topic of swimming pools I would like your help on something:

I have a swimming pool being built early next week and for the lighting I had originally chosen a single 240W Halogen Hayward lamp. Last week while browsing the internet, I came across a neat idea, colored LED that gives the pool a nice ambiance. So I called my dealer, and they accepted to install the LED for an extra fee. The LED is the ColorLogic from Hayward.

But 2 problem arose.

1. In Canada we are still at ColorLogic LED version 2.5 (we don't have 4.0 approved up here yet). Is 4.0 really better than 2.5? Can I replace the 2.5 with the 4.0 later down the road?

2. Since the LED is less bright than my 240W halogen light, I decided to place 2 in my pool, but I don't know at which positions to put them to have an optimal lighting in both deep and shallow. Please take a look at the pool and suggest 2 places where I can install the 2 ColorLogic LEDS

piscine.png

I was thinking A and F or G and B..or probably some better configuration I have missed.

Thanks for any help you guys provide me.

F, D, and B are no good. They will blast you in the eyes when in the spa. where is the house in relation? I would choose A and somewhere between H and G

Thanks guys for your replies. It is truly appreciated.

Here is a better view of the pool. The house is on the lower bottom

piscine2.png

I re-thought the light positions. How about "A" and the wall in between "F" and "G"? I am thinking that way it will provide almost full coverage while not having a glow in the face if in the spa area.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

I'm not a pool expert but am having one built now and looked into the Hayward Colorlogic LEDs. I was told v 2.5 is NOT compatible with 4.0 and so you can't just upgrade, but have to change out the light. From the online tech specs and manuals, it does not seem like there is a big difference. Looks like you can add more shows with 4.0 by adding a controller.