Help

SIROB

This forum seems to be the only place to get unbiased opinions regarding buying a new hot tub and I appreciate all of the experienced users rendering their comments.

I simply want to know if there is any reliable 6 person spa in the 5-6K range. I understand the Mercedes and Kia analogies but isn't there a Honda Accord out there? I live on Staten Island and I am certainly wary of the the salesmen at the local dealer. There is a trade show in NJ this weekend and I thought I might get a good deal, but that seems suspect as well. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think it's human nature for people to recommend a brand which they have had personal success with - we have had our HotSprings for almost 14 years - it's still a keeper - shell is perfect - main pump works great and we have had to replace ozonator and heater but ours is best sized for two with complete comfort up to four if slightly crowded - it's a Prodigy.

We recently found a 96 Grandee - working perfectly and in great shape - priced at $600 it was and is a good buy but for just the two of us it's just too big.

Spend a bit more and suffer the consequences of a long lasting and very well built spa.