Master Spa H2x Filters, Pleatco Substitute?

arnspa

I'm making my first water change for a H2X Crosstrainer 2 (1300 gals). I ordered on line an Eco Pur filter ($88), but received a Pleatco substitute, Part # PPW50. The size is right, though it has a detachable threaded part at bottom rather than the fixed threads on the OEM filter. The fabric on the Pleatco looks similar to the OEM mineral (Splotchy, coarse -- it's not the blue microban)

I can't find any info on line about this Pleatco substitute. At the Pleatco site there are several with this part number. None are shown with the kind of filter material this one has, though one is listed as 'pic to be updated'

Does anyone know if THIS Pleatco does as well as the OEM? Does anyone know what prices for the Pleatco are elsewhere?

I need to get water in the spa for a group soon, and plan to use the Pleatco at least to start. If it's as good I will keep it but maybe press the supplier for a discount for making the substutute. (OR, maybe $88 is a good price?)

Also, I see another site, in NC, offers both H2X filters, Eco Pur, for $100. Anyone have experience there?

Note: this is not a query about the Pleatco microban filter, but about the PWW50 filter with fiber resembling the Eco Pur filter for the H2X that is to be changed every 6 mos, never cleaned.

Thanks

Word from the Supplier:

In response to my e-mail, the filter supplier says, "Master Spas just converted their OEM to Pleatco, so the filters you

received are the new factory originals. In fact, the prices went up

for these filters, but our prices have stayed the same. Pleatco is

made with a 'high-flow' core, so the filtration should be better with

these filters."

Is this puzzle solved? The fellow is right about the inner core of the Pleatco filter; much more open that the pipe with holes in the Eco Pur. So, I got a superior filter at the same 'low' price?

• 2 weeks later...

Word from Master Spa:

I e-mailed Master Spa and have received Reply YES, they are now using Pleatco filters for the H2X series. They suggest you order through master Spa service spots using the Master Spa part numbers.

Question resolved. (sometimes you have to do it yourself)

Which filter are you looking to compare? Does the filter they sent you have a Pleatco number on it? I wasn't aware that Master was using the Waterway 50sqft filter in one of their spas.

You're just looking for a Microban version of the PWW50 or PWW50P3? With Pleatco, you just add -M on the end of the filter code for the Microban version. So, the PWW50 would be PWW50-M and the PWW50P3 would be PWW50P3-M. Also, the only difference between the PWW50 and the PWW50P3 is that the latter comes with the removable P3 (1-1/2" SAE thread) adapter so the PWW50P3 can be easily converted to the PWW50 by removing the adapter. Hope that helps.

• 10 months later...

Which filter are you looking to compare? Does the filter they sent you have a Pleatco number on it? I wasn't aware that Master was using the Waterway 50sqft filter in one of their spas.

You're just looking for a Microban version of the PWW50 or PWW50P3? With Pleatco, you just add -M on the end of the filter code for the Microban version. So, the PWW50 would be PWW50-M and the PWW50P3 would be PWW50P3-M. Also, the only difference between the PWW50 and the PWW50P3 is that the latter comes with the removable P3 (1-1/2" SAE thread) adapter so the PWW50P3 can be easily converted to the PWW50 by removing the adapter. Hope that helps.

Shaamus, Please read above. I don't really understand your comment. No I wasn't looking for the microban filter.