Coast Zenith Curve Elite

1st time posting. New Tub owner . Just arrived this weekend . Filled , Heated , and Jumped in .

Wet tested ;

Beachcomber 420

Jacuzzi 345

Crown (local to Manitoba)

and the Coast Zenith Curve .

Looked at many many more , and heard the same old thing "were the best " . What turned me off some sales guys was the BASHING of other reputable companies . It's crazy some of the stuff I heard . Very Shady salesman

We chose the COAST spa for its overall performance . Great fit 40" deep , Powerful deep massage (love the Volcano Jet). Not a bad seat in tub & a new line of Rock cabinet (Beautiful) . So far so good . Dealer LCL spa's in Winnipeg has been Fantastic to this point .

1st time posting. New Tub owner . Just arrived this weekend . Filled , Heated , and Jumped in .

Wet tested ;

Beachcomber 420

Jacuzzi 345

Crown (local to Manitoba)

and the Coast Zenith Curve .

Looked at many many more , and heard the same old thing "were the best " . What turned me off some sales guys was the BASHING of other reputable companies . It's crazy some of the stuff I heard . Very Shady salesman

We chose the COAST spa for its overall performance . Great fit 40" deep , Powerful deep massage (love the Volcano Jet). Not a bad seat in tub & a new line of Rock cabinet (Beautiful) . So far so good . Dealer LCL spa's in Winnipeg has been Fantastic to this point .

We looked at the coast as well and decided against it because in the fine print (3 years ago when we were looking) it stated that if your tub is used in any temperatures below 0 degrees celsius the warranty is null and void... pretty ridiculous clause for Canadians, so we went with Arctic. Do they still have that clause in the warranty?

I don't believe any Canadian company would sell any spas if they did not warranty them in the snow belt.

Were you smoking crack when you said this....? Post a copy of their warranty.

It was an honest question... but since you decided to be so mature in your retort, I went searching for the warranty for you and YES, the exclusion is still found in their warranty.

It was the only reason we eliminated them in our search. If you look in the fine print of most companies, most of them have this exclusion. Arctic was one of the few that did not have the exclusion. We didn't even know that such an exclusion was a possibility until searching on forums similar to this one three years ago when researching tubs... the forums are who alerted us to this issue. When we spoke to Coast about it thinking it had to mean something else, they confirmed that operation in climates less than 1 degree celsius would void our warranty.

http://www.coastspas.com/support/downloads.html

We specifically were looking at a Coast Elite model three years ago so that is the model I looked up again. Page two under exclusions...

"Neglect, misuse and abuse include any installation, operation, or maintenance of the spa other than in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual provided with the spa, including, but not limited to damage caused by operation outside the range of 34 degrees Fahrenheit and 116 degrees Fahrenheit or 1 degree Celsius and 47 degrees Celsius;..."

Last time I checked it definitely goes below 1 degree celsius here... in fact, it did just that the other night (in June!). You may want to research before you speak/write next time. :rolleyes:

OP: I'm not saying your tub choice was a bad one, I was genuinely curious if they had this exclusion in their warranty still because I think it's a ridiculous exclusion. Congratulations on your tub purchase... they really do seem like a great tub and I highly doubt that something would go wrong with it, it was just too much of a risk for us when purchasing. :)

I don't believe any Canadian company would sell any spas if they did not warranty them in the snow belt.

It was an honest question... but since you decided to be so mature in your retort, I went searching for the warranty for you and YES, the exclusion is still found in their warranty.

It was the only reason we eliminated them in our search. If you look in the fine print of most companies, most of them have this exclusion. Arctic was one of the few that did not have the exclusion. We didn't even know that such an exclusion was a possibility until searching on forums similar to this one three years ago when researching tubs... the forums are who alerted us to this issue. When we spoke to Coast about it thinking it had to mean something else, they confirmed that operation in climates less than 1 degree celsius would void our warranty.

We specifically were looking at a Coast Elite model three years ago so that is the model I looked up again. Page two under exclusions...

"Neglect, misuse and abuse include any installation, operation, or maintenance of the spa other than in accordance with the instructions contained in the owner's manual provided with the spa, including, but not limited to damage caused by operation outside the range of 34 degrees Fahrenheit and 116 degrees Fahrenheit or 1 degree Celsius and 47 degrees Celsius;..."

Last time I checked it definitely goes below 1 degree celsius here... in fact, it did just that the other night (in June!). You may want to research before you speak/write next time. :rolleyes:

OP: I'm not saying your tub choice was a bad one, I was genuinely curious if they had this exclusion in their warranty still because I think it's a ridiculous exclusion. Congratulations on your tub purchase... they really do seem like a great tub and I highly doubt that something would go wrong with it, it was just too much of a risk for us when purchasing. :)

Is the temperature range for the air temperature or the water temperature?

Is the temperature range for the air temperature or the water temperature?

We were told by Coast (three years ago when researching) that it was for air temperature. They may have changed their stance or we may have just gotten a very bad representative three years ago, but the exclusion reads the same way it did three years ago when we were researching.

We looked at the coast as well and decided against it because in the fine print (3 years ago when we were looking) it stated that if your tub is used in any temperatures below 0 degrees celsius the warranty is null and void... pretty ridiculous clause for Canadians, so we went with Arctic. Do they still have that clause in the warranty?

Actually it does not state what you indicated but rather says "damage caused by operation outside the range of 34 degrees Fahrenheit and 116 degrees Fahrenheit or 1 degree Celsius and 47 degrees Celsius".

The exclusion is for "DAMAGE" caused outside that temperature range, not for "USE" in those temperatures. I think they could have stated it in a better way for sure and in reality Arctic has the same thing but written in a way so as to not sound like a poison pill when they state an exclusion for "ice in the spa...overheating the spa", just said in a different way (Coast needs to take a class in warranty writing on how to soften up their wording or hire the Arctic writer).