Keep Getting Br Reading Of 0

Just started using the spafrog system. I filled the tub and added 4 cap fulls of Sodium Br. to get things started. I've had the floater in there of a day now. I use the Aqua Smart digital meter, a drop tester and tried strips. Still the reading is low. Had the level up a one time but it seems to drop. Any suggestions? My Ph also seems to drop even if I keep adding PH +. Am I using the correct starter? I also put in a capfull of shock to get things going.

Don't want to have problems. Am I testing it correctly?I'd love suggestions especially from other frog users that are happy with the product.

I'm not a spa frog user, but I do use bromine. I had the same trouble as you, but it just takes a little patience. Sodium Bromide is the correct starter. Try opening the floater a bit more. Give it a super-dosage of shock and your Br test should be really high initially (if not then add more Sodium Bromide), then test again in 24hrs and see if the Br is around normal. Keep adjusting the floater (and shock weekly & after usage) until you get it where the bromine levels stay in the ideal range.

Not sure what's causing your pH drop. Is there something else you're adding to the water?

What brand of drop testing are you using, and do you know the kit #?

I'm not a spa frog user, but I do use bromine. I had the same trouble as you, but it just takes a little patience. Sodium Bromide is the correct starter. Try opening the floater a bit more. Give it a super-dosage of shock and your Br test should be really high initially (if not then add more Sodium Bromide), then test again in 24hrs and see if the Br is around normal. Keep adjusting the floater (and shock weekly & after usage) until you get it where the bromine levels stay in the ideal range.

Not sure what's causing your pH drop. Is there something else you're adding to the water?

What brand of drop testing are you using, and do you know the kit #?

I switched to the big bromine tabs from the smaller ones and it barely reads on the test strips. Have 6 tabs in the floater. I also have the floater opened to about 6. What's up I wonder? Never had this prob b4.