When Vaccuuming Pool Fine Particals Go Right Back In Pool

Hello,

I have resolved my green water issue, plus the pool now will hold chlorine. Next question is...

The pool is alot clearer and no longer cloudy, however every time I vacuum the particals are so fine they go through the filter and go right back into the pool. Before I am done vacuuming I can see the particals are settling back on the bottom of the pool. I have a bottle of alum flock but this would mean raising the PH and vacuuming to waste, and then having to add more water. I have never done this process and Im not even sure it will work. Do you pool guru's have another idea? Is there another product? The pool is not crystal clear but it is much better. We have been filtering 2 weeks now better but not crystal clear. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks!

It is possible that the air bleed tube in the filter has lost its small filter that goes on the tip of the tube. that would let water from the dirty side of the filter to bypass the filter. Not alot of water, probably not enough to make a difference in water clarity. But if you are vacuuming lots of fine material, and watching the returns, you may see by-passing material.

No filter traps 100% of everything. Some stuff is bound to get by. In my area we get bad air quality from agricultural fires burning way down in Mexico. Eventually Mexican Corn Soot Particulate ends up in my pool and it is too fine to filter out. When it gets annoying enough (I'm *** about pool water), I just do a very fast vac to waste and get it out of the pool system all together.

No filter traps 100% of everything. Some stuff is bound to get by. In my area we get bad air quality from agricultural fires burning way down in Mexico. Eventually Mexican Corn Soot Particulate ends up in my pool and it is too fine to filter out. When it gets annoying enough (I'm *** about pool water), I just do a very fast vac to waste and get it out of the pool system all together.

Thanks,

So I can try a quick vac to waste to get the fine dust out of the pool. Has anyone tried the flock? Would it be worth it?

Thanks,

So I can try a quick vac to waste to get the fine dust out of the pool. Has anyone tried the flock? Would it be worth it?

Hello any advise of flock?

• 1 month later...