Need Help Deciding On In-floor Cleaning System

Not sure where to post this so have it up twice,

We're comparing pool quotes in the Phoenix valley and have narrowed it down to Presidential and Paddock as our final choices. It's a tough call. The Paddock people were pretty slick and I've read a couple horror stories (albiet all a few years old) online. But I've seen bad things about all the big pool companies and right now they are hungrier and building fewer pools and hopefully more accountable...

The biggest thing we're struggling with is the new in-floor cleaning system Paddock offers called the PCC 2000. Per Paddock:

"Built into the floor and walls of your pool during construction

Pop-up nozzles located throughout the pool bottom shoot streams of water that push debris to the drain area

Patented MDX® Main Drain Debris Removal System uses an efficient pump system to transfer waste from the main drain to an easy-to-clean canister at deck level

Superior efficiency in water circulation saves you money on chemical & energy costs

Custom-designed for your pool

Our Money-Back Guarantee promises your PCC2000® will clean better than any automatic swimming pool cleaner on the market** "

We went to their pool display store and the salesman threw a handful of gravel into a pool and we saw them come out into the catch canister right away. It's supposed to be far superior to the older type in-floor system. But what do I know?

Does ANYONE have any experience with this system and know anything about it, especially how it performs in the long-term?

This isn't what you want to hear but with some pools (form) it works very well. Some pools struggle... bad. And it's not like "the system works well with this particular form, so I'll get that form". It doesn't seem to follow that pattern. for the most part, they are ok. Unless you really hate a Polaris hose and unit in the pool I would say it's cheaper all around to get a pressure cleaner (Polaris or other). There is alot more plumbing your'e paying for not to mention that you need a bigger pump to run an infloor as well as running it longer too. min 4-5 hrs. versus 2 for a Polaris.

So I take it this means that the power consumption for this kind of system is huge compared to a suction robot type system? What about the water circulation benefits of an in-floor system? What, in your opinion, is the best system to put into a new pool to provide as trouble-free cleaning as possible as well as water quality and yet try to keep the energy costs down?

Pools have been around longer than in floor systems. So the idea that you need an in floor system for proper circulation is ridiculous. If anything, they may mix chems faster. I can't remember ever being in a hurry for my chems to mix/ circulate in the pool. At best, in floor cleaners are competitive with other cleaners.

My opinion? I like Polaris, any model, they are all good. Junky pool cleaners don't last long, and Polaris has been around for many many years.

I think your own post pretty much answered your own questions.

Good luck and have fun with your new pool.

So I take it this means that the power consumption for this kind of system is huge compared to a suction robot type system? What about the water circulation benefits of an in-floor system? What, in your opinion, is the best system to put into a new pool to provide as trouble-free cleaning as possible as well as water quality and yet try to keep the energy costs down?

I have had a in floor cleaner for 5 years and I love it. Very low maint. I live in Phoenix also, when the monsoons come you will love it also. Turn it on and forget it. I have neighbors who have the Polaris in it will get stuck on a leaf or some other object and there will be a huge mess.

Not sure about warranty but my Shasta has a life time on all the in floor parts. I have a couple spare heads. Something to ask about because the parts are expensive.

Plus I do not like the hose in the water all the time. One other thing to ask about, make sure you get a vacuum line installed, you may not use it but it is nice to have.