Filter Query

spababe

I'm new to this game, so can anyone help. My filter, usual concertinared sort, has a thin plasticy band fastened around the middle if it. Is this just for packing convenience, should I have snipped it off. I cannot hose the filter properly with this band round and i reckon it has prevented the filter working properly.

I'm new to this game, so can anyone help. My filter, usual concertinared sort, has a thin plasticy band fastened around the middle if it. Is this just for packing convenience, should I have snipped it off. I cannot hose the filter properly with this band round and i reckon it has prevented the filter working properly.

No it's not for packaging and it should NOT be removed my dear! The pleats need to remain stiff to filter properly though you are correct...it does make it a bit more of a pain to clean.

Sometimes we just reckon wrong! :P

Steve

No it's not for packaging and it should NOT be removed my dear! The pleats need to remain stiff to filter properly though you are correct...it does make it a bit more of a pain to clean.

Sometimes we just reckon wrong! :P

Many thanks Steve for your reply, good job I couldn't find the scissors, I'm learning fast here, great forum

Will soon be back with more dumb questions. :unsure:

Many thanks Steve for your reply, good job I couldn't find the scissors, I'm learning fast here, great forum

Will soon be back with more dumb questions. :unsure:

We love answering dumb questions, specialy yours babe! :wub:

No question is dumb, no matter how smart a person is they would of never goten there by not asking questions.

Hi Roger,

I bought the spa couple of months ago.. on Ebay.. it's brand new and is imported from America into England...As said before I know nothing about hot tubs It has no make, brand or model on it. But I hope it comes good. 2.1mtrs square, hold about 280 english galls. 5kw heater, 3x1.500watt pumps & all the other widgets you could ask for, bought it cheap on a whim (himself says I must have been drunk] .. himself can't stand water ...I managed to get it home on a borrowed trailer and with the help of some kind friends, unload it,and shove it into position on the patio ....got an electrician to wire it in..three core armoured cable under ground to tub, isolater switch and all that.... I then filled it up and popped in Aquafinesse..a new Scandinavian product, which has no cholrine or brom. in it, you just put a measured amount in each week, no testing of anything, and hey, so far its working. Saw that on Ebay as well! Not cheap mind you, but what the heck! {I'm no chemist and can't cope with ph's or whatever you call them!} I then pressed HEAT on the control panel and 4hrs later climbed in. {I still haven't fathomed out the darn controls.} Had all the pumps running at first, it was like a cauldron, nearly drowned myself!... :wacko: Now all I have to do is clean out the filter each week, pop it back with a special tablet in the dispenser basket in with the filter, then add another cup of magic!

Now so far.....I emphasize so far....everything is fine.....clear soft hot water, my skin has never been so soft..... heaven ... I've always dreamed of owning a spa and now my dream has come true...I sit in it alone each night just looking at the stars..............thinking......

Awww, you sound so happy to have your spa!

That is exactly how I feel about mine, it is such a treat...so relaxing...though with the hubby and two kids I have a bit more company than you.

I got in it alone one afternoon...OMG I felt totally guilty!!

I should get over that!

If you worked hard and honest to buy it......... then you deserve it.

Don't feel guilty, just enjoy. :)

The joys of owning your own backyard retreat from everyday stress and worries. A hot tub can give us all an extension of our entertainment for ourselves and others. If you enjoy going out with or without a significant other once per week it can cost you upwards of 50-100 bucks for your evening out. If you stay in half of those times and enjoy your hot tub with or without company you will save yourself 1500-2000 dollars a year, over the life span of any hot tub you will easiely pay for the joy.