3 Way Jandy Valve Positions

I recently moved into a house with a different set up

I noticed this 3 way valve. It points to the filter, the drain and skimmer.

When the off display is facing completely down are all pipes open?

Also can you tell me what the positions are used for like maintenance or cleaning you know just a few scenario's

3way.jpg

I guessing you have a pool only (no spa). It should run just like it is (everyday normal filtering) everything open. If you have some sand/dirt in the bottom, you would point the handle to "drain" (main drain). And sweep the debris to the main drain. If you had alot of floating debris, then the handle goes to the skimmer.

Note: When in full skimmer, be sure the water level is up where it should be (middle of tile). This will ensure that the skimmer won't drain out and run the pump dry.

I guessing you have a pool only (no spa). It should run just like it is (everyday normal filtering) everything open. If you have some sand/dirt in the bottom, you would point the handle to "drain" (main drain). And sweep the debris to the main drain. If you had alot of floating debris, then the handle goes to the skimmer.

Note: When in full skimmer, be sure the water level is up where it should be (middle of tile). This will ensure that the skimmer won't drain out and run the pump dry.

I actually do have a spa but its not tied in to the plumbing. Thanks for your help and explanations