Dirverter Valve Question

lerry

I have an older tub that has suffered from years of misuse and neglect, after way too much effort and money it's now limping along with only a few minor problems and leaks. It is a Cal Spa System 3000, and about a 1993 vintage.

The current problem is that the dirverter valves (manual valves that direct the flow between the jets) will not turn. They appear to be contaminated with very fine sand.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to unstick or remove the valves inserts or the whole unit.

Has anyone out there ever visited this area and could possible provide some words of advice?

Thanks

Lerry

I have an older tub that has suffered from years of misuse and neglect, after way too much effort and money it's now limping along with only a few minor problems and leaks. It is a Cal Spa System 3000, and about a 1993 vintage.

The current problem is that the dirverter valves (manual valves that direct the flow between the jets) will not turn. They appear to be contaminated with very fine sand.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to unstick or remove the valves inserts or the whole unit.

Has anyone out there ever visited this area and could possible provide some words of advice?

Thanks

Lerry

pull the handles off, unscrew the caps, grap the valves witha pair of pliers and pull straight out, sand them down with some sand paper to remove the burrs... don't loose the orings!