Bromine Floater

• 5 weeks later...
I know you shouldnt put tablets directly in the skimmer but is it ok to put a small floater with bromine tablets in the skimmer?

I have done it in the past, no problems. However, they do dissolve much quicker with a steady flow going over them all the time. A floater contols the speed by opening or closing. I just take the floater out while we are in it, so that it doesnt annoy anyone.

I know you shouldnt put tablets directly in the skimmer but is it ok to put a small floater with bromine tablets in the skimmer?

You can do it if you want, but they will dissolve way too fast and cost you more $, not to mention possibly having bromine levels higher than needed.

No, do not put bromine into the skimmer or the floater into it. Bromine has a very low PH and you are putting high concentrations of it that goes directly to your pumps and heater, you want this to dissipate in the water so you do not damage the equipment. If the floater is bother you while you are using the tub, remove it, just remember to put it back in after.

No, do not put bromine into the skimmer or the floater into it. Bromine has a very low PH and you are putting high concentrations of it that goes directly to your pumps and heater, you want this to dissipate in the water so you do not damage the equipment. If the floater is bother you while you are using the tub, remove it, just remember to put it back in after.

I see what you are saying but surely it is no worse than an inline bromine feeder?

As a service company, not a big fan of those either depending on how they are plumbed. Heater elements and pump seals have to be replace much sooner and more frequently on those tubs from what we have seen, most new tubs the inline feeders are now after going through the pumps and heaters, so thats ok.