Need Ideas To Lowering Spa Into Deck Hole

I bought a house back in september that had a very old spa sunk into the deck. It was way beyond repair.... so, I used a sawzall and cut the tub in pieces and pulled it out. I'm picking up my spa on Wednesday and have 7 or 8 guys to help put the new spa in the hole. But, I really don't know the best way to do it. Any suggestions? The tub is 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 and the hole is 10x10 and then will be deck back to it.

How many men will it take us to manhandle the spa well enough?

Any recommended methods of getting it lowered in?

Was thinking of tying several ropes around the bottom of it and lowering it that way?

Thanks in advance!

I bought a house back in september that had a very old spa sunk into the deck. It was way beyond repair.... so, I used a sawzall and cut the tub in pieces and pulled it out. I'm picking up my spa on Wednesday and have 7 or 8 guys to help put the new spa in the hole. But, I really don't know the best way to do it. Any suggestions? The tub is 7 1/2 x 7 1/2 and the hole is 10x10 and then will be deck back to it.

How many men will it take us to manhandle the spa well enough?

Any recommended methods of getting it lowered in?

Was thinking of tying several ropes around the bottom of it and lowering it that way?

Thanks in advance!

2-12' to 14' nylon slings and 4 guys. Walk or sldie it down into the hole with two 8-12 foot planks use the slings to remove the planks and set it down.

Just had a Caldera Martinique installed in my deck this week. 700 pounds. Two guys lowered it from vertical on a dolly beside the hole and slid it. With one holding the bottom in the hole, they slid it over the hole with the up side barely on the deck edge. The guy in the hole lowered it to ground then the two walked it over the edge and lowered it. There was enough space for one guy to help walk it from below. All muscle, no apparatus. They removed the equipment panel so the guy above had the rim rib to hold on to:

3533100868_271bd1e892.jpg

More Photos