Costco Return Policy

Does the Costco return policy only apply to original purchaser or is it transferable? I purchased a

Hydrospa used from private party not knowing Hydrospa was out of business and they were not a reliable unit. I will have other posts on the problems I need to resolve such as excess power consumption and continuous circulation pump running. Just theoretically is the return policy transferable??? In the state of Oregon say.

Does the Costco return policy only apply to original purchaser or is it transferable? I purchased a

Hydrospa used from private party not knowing Hydrospa was out of business and they were not a reliable unit. I will have other posts on the problems I need to resolve such as excess power consumption and continuous circulation pump running. Just theoretically is the return policy transferable??? In the state of Oregon say.

No disrespect Dan...but are you serious??...I know Costco has a some crazy return policy ,however I dont believe its that crazy....Good luck to you if your going to try.

Find yourself the reciept or make one up and go for it!

For our information here and those who are proponants of the tubs sold through Costco. How old is this unit? Let me guess 3-5 years?

The return policy is not transferable. Having the receipt will not help (you do not even need a receipt to perform a return). The purchase is linked to your Costco account. Your only chance would be to have the private party return the spa for you.

In the future purchase directly from Costco so you are covered by the lifetime satisfaction guarantee.

The small circulation pump is supposed to run continuously. It is how many brands maintain temperature without running the jet pump to circulate water through the heater.

Have you thought about adding insulation to the cabinet, to reduce heat loss?

Dave

I was being a little ridiculous after reading all the posts about a Costco return policy. It is a good one. I am a Costco member and didn't realize how there return policy worked. The manufacture date on it is 03/29/2006 from Ocala Florida. I sold an older spa thinking something this new would be more efficient. I really like the spa except for the power useage. I really don't see the need for a 24/7 circ. pump that can't be turned off. I replaced the circ. pump with a new one. Old one was noisey anyways. I calculate it should only use about $14.00 electric a month for circ. pump only. It is 1/8 HP 1725rpm 240v drawing .8 amp. and our electric is about 10 cents per kwh. I am going to disconnect the heater element and just run the circ. pump for 4hrs and read my meter and see what it shows. And then or before I do that unplug circ. pump, disconnect heater with power on to hot tub and see if it looks like it draws power that way. Is there any way a GFCI box could draw power to ground if not working right. It does hum a lot. Could heater still be heating but be drawing too much electric? It takes all night and maybe most of the day to heat up to 102 deg. I will start a new subject about my troubleshooting adventure and hopefully find the solutions I need. Something must not be right. My electric meter looks like a flying sauce when I turn spa on. My electric bill went up about $80.00 plus when using it full time. Laughs :o

I was being a little ridiculous after reading all the posts about a Costco return policy. It is a good one. I am a Costco member and didn't realize how there return policy worked. The manufacture date on it is 03/29/2006 from Ocala Florida. I sold an older spa thinking something this new would be more efficient. I really like the spa except for the power useage. I really don't see the need for a 24/7 circ. pump that can't be turned off. I replaced the circ. pump with a new one. Old one was noisey anyways. I calculate it should only use about $14.00 electric a month for circ. pump only. It is 1/8 HP 1725rpm 240v drawing .8 amp. and our electric is about 10 cents per kwh. I am going to disconnect the heater element and just run the circ. pump for 4hrs and read my meter and see what it shows. And then or before I do that unplug circ. pump, disconnect heater with power on to hot tub and see if it looks like it draws power that way. Is there any way a GFCI box could draw power to ground if not working right. It does hum a lot. Could heater still be heating but be drawing too much electric? It takes all night and maybe most of the day to heat up to 102 deg. I will start a new subject about my troubleshooting adventure and hopefully find the solutions I need. Something must not be right. My electric meter looks like a flying sauce when I turn spa on. My electric bill went up about $80.00 plus when using it full time. Laughs :o

Consider yourself lucky, there are other out there and on this board also a 3 year old Hydrospa and it still runs. It's a rarity.

I had a post of what the O.P. could do to help him get his Hydrospa working correctly and wonder why my post was deleted? I have a three year old Hydrospa from Costco now going by the name "Premium Leisure" at 1-800-BESTSPA for any parts and advice the original poster may need to get his spa working correctly. I have never seen a $80.00 power spike in three years and have never seen it go over $50.00 a month in the dead of winter. The insulation used is exactly the same method that Clearwater spas use and also uses the same control pack, topside controlls as well as pumps and jets. Clearwater spas has data to show the electrical consumption on a spa that is insulated like the Hydrospa and Clearwater as they share the same reflective barrier and partial foam insulation method. I would call Premium Leisure and give them the serial number of the spa and they will be able to help you with any assistance and troubleshooting help you need to fix your spa. good luck and let us know.