Access To A Recessed Spa

billhill

Considering buying a Jacuzzi J365 spa and have a few questions.

First off. Is there anyone on the forum that owns one and do they like it. Opinions are also welcome.

Second. If I have it recessed in the deck about 6 inches does this still allow for access to the compartment. The set up I would have would result in the front part of the tub (i.e where control panel is) being right up against a 2 x 6. The remaing sides would have full access.

Thanks in advance.

Considering buying a Jacuzzi J365 spa and have a few questions.

First off. Is there anyone on the forum that owns one and do they like it. Opinions are also welcome.

Second. If I have it recessed in the deck about 6 inches does this still allow for access to the compartment. The set up I would have would result in the front part of the tub (i.e where control panel is) being right up against a 2 x 6. The remaing sides would have full access.

Thanks in advance.

Put the 2x6 back as much as you feel is a safe canilever for the deck boards. You have to be able to access all panel screws on the equipment side. If you have to punch access holes in the 2x6 for a screw bit fine.