New Circulation Pump?

JJGraham

Hello,

I recently bought a 2003 D1 Chairman II off CraigsList… and have been having several issues.

A few weeks ago I started seeing a Low Flow Error. I found when I turn the tub off for an hour or so, and turn it back on the error will go away for several days... but it keeps coming back. When running, the tub works great. The circulation pumps seems to be running fine as it blows hot water into the tub with bubbles while heating, but it eventually always seems to cut off with that Low Flow issue.

As a result, I went out and bought new filters... the error came back a few days later.

I then installed a new flow switch... the error came back a few days later.

Do you guys think I need to replace the circulation pump next?? I hesitate because it seems to work fine for days at a time and then cuts off.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Hello,

I recently bought a 2003 D1 Chairman II off CraigsList… and have been having several issues.

A few weeks ago I started seeing a Low Flow Error. I found when I turn the tub off for an hour or so, and turn it back on the error will go away for several days... but it keeps coming back. When running, the tub works great. The circulation pumps seems to be running fine as it blows hot water into the tub with bubbles while heating, but it eventually always seems to cut off with that Low Flow issue.

As a result, I went out and bought new filters... the error came back a few days later.

Do you guys think I need to replace the circulation pump next?? I hesitate because it seems to work fine for days at a time and then cuts off.

Thanks

Jeff

All the tubing looks good from the filter housing through the pump/heater and back to the tub?

Hello,

Thanks

Jeff

All the tubing looks good from the filter housing through the pump/heater and back to the tub?

OK. So I think you may be onto something here...

The pipe that is running into the circulation pump has a bit of a kink in it where it bends.

Do you think that would be enough to trigger that low flow error?

If so, would you replace that piece of pipe... or try to turn the circ pump a bit so it does not bend as much??

Thanks!

JG