Waterline Tile W/ Granite Finish Pool

lasik1

Our Ocean Reef "Marathon" 12x25 arrived today, in the dark blue granite finish. Our installer is recommmending waterline tile, but I haven't seen one I liked from his samples and I'm wondering if I can do without it for a cleaner look and saving some $$ as well. Anyone go without it and are happy? Are there web sites with more tile samples to see- maybe I haven't seen a good match? Thanks from Key West.

Our Ocean Reef "Marathon" 12x25 arrived today, in the dark blue granite finish. Our installer is recommmending waterline tile, but I haven't seen one I liked from his samples and I'm wondering if I can do without it for a cleaner look and saving some $$ as well. Anyone go without it and are happy? Are there web sites with more tile samples to see- maybe I haven't seen a good match? Thanks from Key West.

We had the water line tile installed, liked the tile, yet, once the pool filled, we weren't that impressed. Now, don't get me wrong, the wife and I like it, but we were expecting something more, not sure what.

People who come over, though, appear to like it more than us. So, if I had to do it over again, I'd still put the tile in. Ain't as big a bang for the buck, but I like it.

The benefit of waterline tile on a fiberglass pool is, IMHO, for cosmetics & cleaning, primarily. Harsh abrasives used while cleaning the "bathtub ring" on the fiberglass can damage the surface, over time. Ceramic tile wil allow far more intensive cleaning without damage.

Not sure what IMHO means but I got a shell installed last Friday. Waterworld is Awesome! A nice 16 x 32 flat bottom with artistry in mosaics Bull & Cow Dolphin as well as flying fish on the floor. I did the waterline tile as well as 2x2's bordering the steps & bench. It looks like a high end gunite pool. Hat's off to WaterWorld in NJ!!!

• 1 month later...