Gulf Coast Spas - Beware!

All I can say is buyer BEWARE before you buy one of these hot tubs. I know, no need to say I told you so. I am already aware of that now. Yes, it's very tempting to buy one because of the price but the company and quality are awful. I live in PA and they are located in FL or else I would drive there and complain in person. I have posted a few times before (with complaints) but I have had enough of them. I have had nothing but problems with the tub. Keep in mind the tub is only 8 months old!!! Yes, they have shipped the last three replacement parts (Pump, Topside Control, and Computer Module) but now I am waiting for another pump. It just so happens that this pump is tied to the heat. It has been a rather cold month and being without a pump that heats the tub for 4 weeks is unacceptable. You don't get anywhere with them when you call. The new excuse is that they moved their service/support location away from the manufacturing facility. The service rep accused the mfg area of taking their inventory and using it for the new construction of tubs. Whatever the reason is, they should not be telling their customers about interoffice politics. Anyhow, I hope this helps someone that is considering purchasing a tub from Gulf Coast. For those of you that are happy with their GC Tub, well good for you. Just be glad not to have any issues.

I wish it were that easy... The guy that sold me the spa only sells one brand - Gulf Coast. Technically, he's just a distributor and does not even sell other spas. He actually sells furniture. The red flag should have gone off at that point but the price was irresistable. Anyhow, I have to deal directly with the manufacturer for warranty work. Next time, I will spend the extra money and buy a spa from a local dealer that only sells spas. Lesson learned!!! When the spa works, it's very nice!

• 2 weeks later...

You won't hear me complaining any longer about Gulf Coast Spas... They are no longer in business as of Mar 20. Just talked to the guy in service and he told me they closed the doors. I guess service is still open for business but now for a fee. My warranty is no longer valid. Of course I still need my motor but now I have to pay.

You won't hear me complaining any longer about Gulf Coast Spas... The are no longer in business as of Mar 20. Just talked to the guy in service and he told me they closed the doors. I guess service is still open for business but now for a fee. My warranty is no longer valid. Of course I still need my motor but now I have to pay.

Yep I just tried calling as well and nothing. Must be done.

I just called the service number off their La-z-boy site. According to the person I spoke to, Tatum closed it's doors on the 20th. The phone was answered, "spa parts and accessories". Said "they" had been "contracted with", some time ago to do the service work.

Quick assumption, Spa Parts and Accessories is some spin-off of/from Tatum Industries