2000 Manitou Encore Model Spa

TexasMom

Hi. We are leasing a house that had been for sale. When the house didn't sell, the owners decided to lease it out. Lucky us.

The spa that would have sold with the house is still here. We would like to buy it from them. They have told us to think it over and make an offer.

Well, I have NO IDEA whatsoever how much a used spa would be worth.

I do have the original receipt, and I can see that they paid $4300 for it back in 2000.

It's in very good condition, all the original paperwork, and the circuit board was replaced last summer.

Anyone know how I can find out how much this spa is worth? I'd like to make a fair offer.

Thanks

Hi. We are leasing a house that had been for sale. When the house didn't sell, the owners decided to lease it out. Lucky us.

The spa that would have sold with the house is still here. We would like to buy it from them. They have told us to think it over and make an offer.

I do have the original receipt, and I can see that they paid $4300 for it back in 2000.

It's in very good condition, all the original paperwork, and the circuit board was replaced last summer.

Anyone know how I can find out how much this spa is worth? I'd like to make a fair offer.

Thanks

there is a 1999 manitou encore on the South Bend craigslist for $1500 with a link to www.thetubhouse but access was forbidden. because it is a little older spa you might want to ask a local independent spa tech to take a look at it and also educate you on how to operate and maintain assuming you have never owned a spa.

Thanks

It's not worth anything. Tell them you though it over and as long as it's running you'll give them 500 bucks for it. That way you can leave it there when you do find a house. Also make sure they are willing to move it off there property for you when it does quit.

• 2 weeks later...

Check craigslist and see what people are asking for them in your area.

I figure that after about 3-4 years a tub would be worth about half of what it was new ($2,150). After 9, I would be thinking $500-$1,000 for a working tub, the higher end of the scale for one in very good shape, or full featured tub.

Thank you for both replies.

Roger, why do you feel this way? Is it a bad brand? A bad model? Do you have any more info on it?

Thanks

I'm not saying it is a bad brand. I am however saying it's not a preium brand so that means at 9 years old it is very close to being at the end of it's life cycle. Which in my mind means it isn't worth much money. Also I dout the owners want to move it anyway so your in the drivers seat.