Arctic Spa: Summit - Peak Ozone (transformation From Arctic Ozone)

CJHusky

Hi guys;

I'm new to this forum, but there's some great stuff here. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on this dilemma

About 3 weeks ago, I purchased an Arctic Spa (Summit). It was a floor model and had several good options. I am new to spas, so I did not yet know all the nuances of what is good, better, best, but felt I got a pretty good deal with some minimal education in advance.

That being said, the store manager told me the model had the "Peak Ozone" system installed. When the unit was delivered and I set it up and wired it, I discovered the system installed was NOT the Peak ozone, BUT was in fact the "Arctic Ozone".

So I did a little reading on this site and a few other areas and determined that almost without fail folks seem to think the Arctic Ozone system is of little value and is no comparison to the Peak Ozone system. So this is where it gets sketchy. Apparently, the Peak Ozone system was/is discontinued in 2008 and is no longer an option. The Peak Ozone has been replaced by the Onzen system, which is a completely different system using salt.

So here is where I now stand. The spa dealer is offering to swap out the GENERATOR on the arctic system for the one they use for the Peak Ozone and he says that will essentially give me the Peak Ozone system. Can that possibly be true? It seems from my reading that there is far more to it than that, but maybe someone here can clarify for me.

Again, from my reading it seems as if the Peak system was a far better system. Is the Onzen comparable? What would it entail to switch over to Onzen system? Looking at quoted prices, it seems as if the Peak Ozone system was MUCH more expensive compared to the Arctic and in fact appears to have been more expensive than the Onzen system is today. If so, it seems as if I should be asking them to switch the Arctic system out for the currently shipping Onzen system, but I’d like some clarification as to how logistically possible this is.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Hi guys;

I'm new to this forum, but there's some great stuff here. I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on this dilemma

About 3 weeks ago, I purchased an Arctic Spa (Summit). It was a floor model and had several good options. I am new to spas, so I did not yet know all the nuances of what is good, better, best, but felt I got a pretty good deal with some minimal education in advance.

That being said, the store manager told me the model had the "Peak Ozone" system installed. When the unit was delivered and I set it up and wired it, I discovered the system installed was NOT the Peak ozone, BUT was in fact the "Arctic Ozone".

So I did a little reading on this site and a few other areas and determined that almost without fail folks seem to think the Arctic Ozone system is of little value and is no comparison to the Peak Ozone system. So this is where it gets sketchy. Apparently, the Peak Ozone system was/is discontinued in 2008 and is no longer an option. The Peak Ozone has been replaced by the Onzen system, which is a completely different system using salt.

So here is where I now stand. The spa dealer is offering to swap out the GENERATOR on the arctic system for the one they use for the Peak Ozone and he says that will essentially give me the Peak Ozone system. Can that possibly be true? It seems from my reading that there is far more to it than that, but maybe someone here can clarify for me.

Again, from my reading it seems as if the Peak system was a far better system. Is the Onzen comparable? What would it entail to switch over to Onzen system? Looking at quoted prices, it seems as if the Peak Ozone system was MUCH more expensive compared to the Arctic and in fact appears to have been more expensive than the Onzen system is today. If so, it seems as if I should be asking them to switch the Arctic system out for the currently shipping Onzen system, but I’d like some clarification as to how logistically possible this is.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

I would return the tub and get your money back, you need a working relationship with your dealer and that means honesty and integrity. Ask your dealer to refund you the difference betwwen the cost of the peak system and the arctic system. I can check when i get home but I think the peak was around $2000.00 and the arctic around $800.00 back in January 08, the difference might have been more. There is no excuse for the apparent error, the peak ozone takes up alot more room inside the tub compared to the arctic, and the diffference would be clearly visible. Not to mention your dealer can look at any tub ever made by arctic spas (Blue Falls) and confirm all factory options online either using a serial number or customer name.

My borther in law has the peak in his Tundra and when we ordered our summit we also ordered the peak system. However by the time my dealer actually placed the order (we gave our deposit Jan 08 but we were completing landscaping until May 08) peak was no longer an option as they changed the system to Onzen.

Are the Peak and Arctic the same? I doubt it, look on there website and you will see an elaborate owners manual for the Peak and little if any documentation for the Arctic. AT least that's what I remember last winter when I did my research.

If I were in your shoes I ask for a full refund and get the dealer to pick up the tub. If you still want an Arctic (even though we have had a few initial problems with ours I would still recomend them) I would go see another dealer in your area up to an hour away. I would get the a tub with the Onzen system, our water is clear and now that I understand how it works it is very easy to use.

Good luck,

Budge

• 2 months later...
Hi guys;

Thanks in advance,

Chris

:mellow:

Hi Chris, I am in Ottawa and am lookingt at the same scenarion, I mean a showroom Summit ULTRA. The dealer says its 14 k new and I oukld like to get a felling on how much OFF were you able to negotiate on your tub...from list.

William W

Hi guys;

Thanks in advance,

Chris

:mellow:

Hi Chris, I am in Ottawa and am lookingt at the same scenarion, I mean a showroom Summit ULTRA. The dealer says its 14 k new and I oukld like to get a felling on how much OFF were you able to negotiate on your tub...from list.

William W

i am from toronto and was given a price for a klondiker with all the bells and whistles

for 15,700.

Thanks Chris.. sorry for all the typing mistake in my first message.. I was doing too much at once... What about the costing on the Summit. A dealer here has an 08 Summit ULTRA for 11k . It is a floor model and NO water has been put through it.

Is there a big dealership in TO that has good pricing and a big inventory ??

Will