Ozonator Gurling

Hamerhead

Howdy,

The osonator on our spa has a gurgling noise associated with it. It goes away after several months, but when ever the water is changed, the noise returns. I was told to make sure to bleed the pump which I did but no help.

If I remove the line from the big in line T and block the suction side, the noise quits right away. The water flow continues with no air introduced so I am guessing it has nothing to do with air trapped in the water pump or line.

Why it goes away after a couple months of use I can only guess.

Any suggestions would be welcome. By the way, the unit is 6 months oldn and has had the noise since the original start up and thought it was normal. Its only when it quit, which was so nice that we discovered there could be an option to the noise.

Down East Cape Cod model.

Thanks

Howdy,

The osonator on our spa has a gurgling noise associated with it. It goes away after several months, but when ever the water is changed, the noise returns. I was told to make sure to bleed the pump which I did but no help.

If I remove the line from the big in line T and block the suction side, the noise quits right away. The water flow continues with no air introduced so I am guessing it has nothing to do with air trapped in the water pump or line.

Why it goes away after a couple months of use I can only guess.

Any suggestions would be welcome. By the way, the unit is 6 months oldn and has had the noise since the original start up and thought it was normal. Its only when it quit, which was so nice that we discovered there could be an option to the noise.

Down East Cape Cod model.

Thanks

Not even 1 reply? Anyone?

Well, I would say to call the dealer as it's only 6 months old. I have a DownEast Portsmouth going on 2 years now and have had no problems and we love it. Also, no ozonator noise.

As far as no replies.....I thought you would at least get the standard "Master Spa's are junk.....you need to buy a XYZ Spa"...

Pretty much a standard answer here....

Well, I would say to call the dealer as it's only 6 months old. I have a DownEast Portsmouth going on 2 years now and have had no problems and we love it. Also, no ozonator noise.

As far as no replies.....I thought you would at least get the standard "Master Spa's are junk.....you need to buy a XYZ Spa"...

Pretty much a standard answer here....

1) I've taken care of that by a simple method that MAY work here. Go in the spa with a drill bit just a bit smaller than the ID of the ozone jet hole. With teh drill bit in your hand, use it to remove any "flash" that may be in that hole. You're not really trying to ream the hole larger; you're making sure there isn't material or glue on the walls that impeded the ozone flow. I've seen that simple method work well many times to lessen "gurgling" but only in certain circumstances.

2) Those of us who point out the fact that Master is junk don't do so in a self serving manner to try to steer someone toward a particular brand so you won't see the "buy a XYZ spa instead" but rather we say "most any other brand would be better". Thanks for bringing it up though.