Looking Into Purchasing My First Home (hot Tub Included!) Few Questions..

Aaron06

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking into purchasing my first home which conveniently includes a hot tub. I've already read quite a bit on this forum and it seems like it's going to be a great place if we end up buying this house. I've got a few questions about the setup of the hot tub and I'd love anyone's input.

First of all, the tub is in an enclosed add-on room connected to the garage. The add-on room does have an electric heat register that I most likely wouldn't use. Do you think having the tub in the room as opposed to out in the open will reduce costs to keep the water heated? We live in Wisconsin where winters average just below freezing and can dip to the single digits at times. Does it make a difference if the tub is in that room versus the outdoors?

Also, if anyone has a hot tub in a room such as this one, is there any kind of concerns I should have about moisture build up or heat issues over time? There are plenty of windows for ventilation and air movement but I won't have them open during the winter months unless we're using the tub.

Below you'll find pictures of the setup. Thanks to everyone for any advice! I look forward to hopefully being on here to learn about this hobby!

49831349-1.jpg

49831350.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking into purchasing my first home which conveniently includes a hot tub. I've already read quite a bit on this forum and it seems like it's going to be a great place if we end up buying this house. I've got a few questions about the setup of the hot tub and I'd love anyone's input.

First of all, the tub is in an enclosed add-on room connected to the garage. The add-on room does have an electric heat register that I most likely wouldn't use. Do you think having the tub in the room as opposed to out in the open will reduce costs to keep the water heated? We live in Wisconsin where winters average just below freezing and can dip to the single digits at times. Does it make a difference if the tub is in that room versus the outdoors?

Also, if anyone has a hot tub in a room such as this one, is there any kind of concerns I should have about moisture build up or heat issues over time? There are plenty of windows for ventilation and air movement but I won't have them open during the winter months unless we're using the tub.

Below you'll find pictures of the setup. Thanks to everyone for any advice! I look forward to hopefully being on here to learn about this hobby!

49831349-1.jpg

49831350.jpg

You should be ok with spa in the room. never leave the cover open longer than need be for water maintenance. As will find out the room will fill with steam and with steam is moisture so leaving the cover open can be a problem. You room looks like a nice size which will increase air flow.

I would use the room heat too, not normal living temps but around 50 degrees, it will make it more comfortable while entering the room and if it forced hot air which is dry the spa will help with humidity.

Use the cieling fan with a window open just a hair while using the spa. You will be surprise how just that little bit will help.

If there is no floor above the room were the spa is, down the road you could also add a exhaust fans

That looks like a beautiful spa room. Having the tub in that room should make it cheaper to heat, since it won't be as cold in that room as it is outdoors. I wouldn't move the tub out of there if I were you. If you want to see stars, maybe add a skylight or two above the tub. They make some skylights that can open like a window, so you could let out the steam while using the tub.