Spa Or Bubble Bath?

kateyc61

Yes, we finally have our spa after months of wrangling to get it delivered.

Ultimately, no crane, and it made through our next door neighbor's yard, into ours, and we only sacrificed one small bush and 2 panels of fence (yes we dismantled our fence.)

So it gets set up last Wednesday, we tune it up according to the directions with the "Leisure Time" chemicals and the four of us (hubby, me, two kids 11 and 8) get in it Thursday night around 10.

The water is clear and perfect.

Friday....water tests fine after a few adjustments, clear and perfect.

Saturday, no adjustments, but I didn't shock it before my kids, one friend each and I get in (oops..I think I should have in retrospect)

Of courset he 8 YO boys have to be dunking under and "swimming" in the spa despite my admonitions (uh huh)

The 11 Yo girls are spa'ing it, no hair dunking...and then the foam starts.

I figure between the kids soapy heads (yes we all rinsed first)and soapy bathing suits (not rinsed), it is just..soap.

So I shock it after we get out...and jet it up and squirt some (stated amunt) "foam down" in there...eh, not impressed, still foamy with everything rolling . Shut it down, cover it.

Think...well, the D1 with the vision attachment should clear it up by 24 hours later.

Tonight, I need to add a little spa 56 chlorinating stuff according to the test strip...do so, all OK, shock it as directed, get in with the kids.

HOLY BUBBLE BATH BATMAN!!!

Anyway, before I come here, I do some research...find this:

http://www.askalanaquestion.com/spa_foaming.htm

sigh

What do you guys say? I want non bubbly instant spa gratification after all these months. I want spa perfection...everything else is perfect, this spa is the ultimate jetted luxury as far as my family is concerened

Sorry for the late night rambling, thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Shower before and avoid wearing suits. :)

When I do get foam in my tub it's usually due to my daughter and her friends. They bring swim suits that haven't been rinsed and still contain laundry soap. They use hair conditioner and zit cream, etc. :wacko:

If suits must be worn, thoroughly rinse the suits after you wash 'em. I rarely wear a suit but when I do, it's a pair I don't bother to wash. I just hang 'em out to dry. The only time I use them is in the hot tub and that is iinfrequently.

Using the above suggestions will make a world of difference but you will never be able to avoid getting some foam. Do yourself a favor and buy a pool skimmer and use it to scrape off the foam. That's the best way of avoiding adding chemicals.

Phil

Agree with everything NE Phil says. After I have a party or a lot of people using it I always get foam. I find that when I use the anti foam stuff, if I just use the reccomended amount it isn't enough to clear all the foam. I end up using more to get rid of it all. I probably use too much but I'm all about instant gratification and need all the foam gone instantly. I don't think it is a big deal to use a little extra.

Thanks Phil. we'll go the no suit route when the kids are not around.

Ugh. I'll feel like a shrew if our friends come over though, asking then to bring a non soapy suit and take a shower.

Maybe I'll just hose them down!! :P

I end up using more to get rid of it all. I probably use too much but I'm all about instant gratification and need all the foam gone instantly. I don't think it is a big deal to use a little extra.

Yeah, that's me too Instant G....the foam down.... it's not smelly or anything....OK, I'll try more, I was pretty sparing with it.

The foam was so huge last night the kids were making hats and beards with it!

Ha. At least they enjoyed it!

Thanks Phil. we'll go the no suit route when the kids are not around.

Ugh. I'll feel like a shrew if our friends come over though, asking then to bring a non soapy suit and take a shower.

Maybe I'll just hose them down!! :P

Yeah, that's me too Instant G....the foam down.... it's not smelly or anything....OK, I'll try more, I was pretty sparing with it.

The foam was so huge last night the kids were making hats and beards with it!

Ha. At least they enjoyed it!

Get one of those spray bottles and put your foam down along with a bit of water to thin it in there. Spray it directly on the foam, poof, gone!

Get one of those spray bottles and put your foam down along with a bit of water to thin it in there. Spray it directly on the foam, poof, gone!

YES! Thank you, because I just dumped about 1/2 a bottle of it in there....it worked, but sheesh, I'm sure it's pricey (this is the stuff that came with the starter kit.

Is there a brand you recommend Roger?

YES! Thank you, because I just dumped about 1/2 a bottle of it in there....it worked, but sheesh, I'm sure it's pricey (this is the stuff that came with the starter kit.

Is there a brand you recommend Roger?

They all work about the same, find the cheapest stuff you can, you can support your local dealer for a while if you'd like or get it online at several online stores. You will use alot less if you spray it on.

Once you figure out that laundry detergent, hand soap, shampoo, cream rinse, body wash, deoderant, perfume, hair gel, lotion, lipbalm, nair, hand cream, bag balm and anything else you can think of creates your foam problem you won't need as much.

They all work about the same, find the cheapest stuff you can, you can support your local dealer for a while if you'd like or get it online at several online stores. You will use alot less if you spray it on.

Once you figure out that laundry detergent, hand soap, shampoo, cream rinse, body wash, deoderant, perfume, hair gel, lotion, lipbalm, nair, hand cream, bag balm and anything else you can think of creates your foam problem you won't need as much.

Bag balm....heh good stuff. Thanks again Roger.

Yes, we finally have our spa after months of wrangling to get it delivered.

Ultimately, no crane, and it made through our next door neighbor's yard, into ours, and we only sacrificed one small bush and 2 panels of fence (yes we dismantled our fence.)

So it gets set up last Wednesday, we tune it up according to the directions with the "Leisure Time" chemicals and the four of us (hubby, me, two kids 11 and 8) get in it Thursday night around 10.

The water is clear and perfect.

Friday....water tests fine after a few adjustments, clear and perfect.

Saturday, no adjustments, but I didn't shock it before my kids, one friend each and I get in (oops..I think I should have in retrospect)

Of courset he 8 YO boys have to be dunking under and "swimming" in the spa despite my admonitions (uh huh)

The 11 Yo girls are spa'ing it, no hair dunking...and then the foam starts.

I figure between the kids soapy heads (yes we all rinsed first)and soapy bathing suits (not rinsed), it is just..soap.

So I shock it after we get out...and jet it up and squirt some (stated amunt) "foam down" in there...eh, not impressed, still foamy with everything rolling . Shut it down, cover it.

Think...well, the D1 with the vision attachment should clear it up by 24 hours later.

Tonight, I need to add a little spa 56 chlorinating stuff according to the test strip...do so, all OK, shock it as directed, get in with the kids.

HOLY BUBBLE BATH BATMAN!!!

Anyway, before I come here, I do some research...find this:

http://www.askalanaquestion.com/spa_foaming.htm

sigh

What do you guys say? I want non bubbly instant spa gratification after all these months. I want spa perfection...everything else is perfect, this spa is the ultimate jetted luxury as far as my family is concerened

Sorry for the late night rambling, thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I have had a spa (now on my 2nd) for about 12 years. Usually, I have found that foaming comes from body lotions, oils,fabric softener etc. I have tried all the anti foaming agents around, but once you get foam the best way to eliminate it is to drain the spa. I have not experineced the "poorly rinsed" bathing suit, which was mentioned, but my wife rarely uses fabric softener, so that may be the difference. If you use lots of lotions and body oils, take a shower first!

Good Luck!

I have had a spa (now on my 2nd) for about 12 years. Usually, I have found that foaming comes from body lotions, oils,fabric softener etc. I have tried all the anti foaming agents around, but once you get foam the best way to eliminate it is to drain the spa. I have not experineced the "poorly rinsed" bathing suit, which was mentioned, but my wife rarely uses fabric softener, so that may be the difference. If you use lots of lotions and body oils, take a shower first!

Good Luck!