Spa Leak & No Power -- Advanced Spa Designs

dogstyler

I recently drained and refilled my spa – 3 days later I went to use it and the water lever was down to the top of one of the jets (about ½ full). In addition, there was no power to the control panel (no lights or pump sound). The GFI at the circuit breaker was on and the spa controls had been in “automatic” setting; the water was warm.

It is an older spa with the following information on it

Advanced Spa Designs

Model A M 103

110/220

20 amp/50 amp

A.H. Equipment Corp.

Mod. “Neptune”

s/n 1/89 68080

Obviously I have a leak which needs to be located, but why is there no power? Does this unit have a high limit type switch that needs to be reset?

Can anyone direct me to a website that has a picture or schematic of my control box? The spa is at our rental; I am hoping to gather information before I begin to look for the problem(s).

Thanks for your help

bill

• 2 weeks later...

Since my first post, I discovered that the connection of the pressure switch tube to the heater manifold was the location of the leak. The barbed connector has rotted/broken off.

Is it possible to retap the female threads of the welded heater manifold sleeve? I would like to screw in a brass - 1/8" barbed connector so I can reconnect the plastic tube that runs to the pressure switch.

Thanks

I recently drained and refilled my spa – 3 days later I went to use it and the water lever was down to the top of one of the jets (about ½ full). In addition, there was no power to the control panel (no lights or pump sound). The GFI at the circuit breaker was on and the spa controls had been in “automatic” setting; the water was warm.

It is an older spa with the following information on it

Advanced Spa Designs

Model A M 103

110/220

20 amp/50 amp

A.H. Equipment Corp.

Mod. “Neptune”

s/n 1/89 68080

Obviously I have a leak which needs to be located, but why is there no power? Does this unit have a high limit type switch that needs to be reset?

Can anyone direct me to a website that has a picture or schematic of my control box? The spa is at our rental; I am hoping to gather information before I begin to look for the problem(s).

Thanks for your help

bill

Since my first post, I discovered that the connection of the pressure switch tube to the heater manifold was the location of the leak. The barbed connector has rotted/broken off.

Is it possible to retap the female threads of the welded heater manifold sleeve? I would like to screw in a brass - 1/8" barbed connector so I can reconnect the plastic tube that runs to the pressure switch.

Thanks

Sounds to me like it would work just fine. Make sure to get all the cuttings out of the system before start up though.

Thanks

Sounds to me like it would work just fine. Make sure to get all the cuttings out of the system before start up though.

Thanks Roger,

would an alternate plan be to use a larger diameter tube and hose clamp it to the outsided of the manifold sleeve -- then transition to the smaller diameter tube that runs to the pressure switch?

Bill