Costcohotsprings Vs Keys Backyard

jmendoza17

Would very much appreciate input from anyone who has experience or information regarding either the Concert series (Keys Backyard) spas or the HotSprings model products from Costco. Thank you.

Well, the HotSpring spa is very similar to the HotSpring models available in a HotSpring dealer's store.

Some of the differences are:

Different siding.

Shorter warranty

Single jet pump

No Ozone - though it is ozone ready

Single-color light (LED)

Ships configured for 110volt - convertable at extra cost to 220v

One color siding,

One color shell.

But it will be delivered to your driveway by a HS dealer, and if you pay him extra he will put it into your yard and set it up for you, along with installing the cover lift which comes with it.

He will also give you a chance to buy an ozone system.

It is an older model which was dropped from the regular HotSpring line a few years ago - you can't really compare it to any models in the HS line now because it is just different.

B)

Well, the HotSpring spa is very similar to the HotSpring models available in a HotSpring dealer's store.

Some of the differences are:

Different siding.

Shorter warranty

Single jet pump

No Ozone - though it is ozone ready

Single-color light (LED)

Ships configured for 110volt - convertable at extra cost to 220v

One color siding,

One color shell.

But it will be delivered to your driveway by a HS dealer, and if you pay him extra he will put it into your yard and set it up for you, along with installing the cover lift which comes with it.

He will also give you a chance to buy an ozone system.

It is an older model which was dropped from the regular HotSpring line a few years ago - you can't really compare it to any models in the HS line now because it is just different.

B)

Can I add a stereo and what is advantage of wiring at 220V? Thanks

Can I add a stereo and what is advantage of wiring at 220V? Thanks
No way to add a stereo - though you could get an outdoor system from any of a dozen places, a boombox, a sports waterproof radio or a baggie for your Ipod...

The benefit of 220 volts is that the heat can run at any time, even if the jets are on. Also it heats up faster, but that's not a biggie since most folks tend to set it and forget it.

In the case of the HotSpring, the spa will NOT run cheaper on 220. The small circ pump runs constantly, so there is no difference in running 1500 watts for 12 hours or 6000 watts for 3 hours - at least not in dollars on your power bill.

Jet pressure is the same, pump stays the same, etc.

Now if you want to make another comparison, you could look at other HS models which are 220 volt only. They have larger pumps, some have multiple pumps, so they can run more jets at the same time.

B)

• 3 weeks later...

What about the Key's line that home depot and costco sell? The costco line is sold under the "Discovery" name, but I understand that Key's is the manufacturer.

Does anyone have an input on the keys line? I have read numerous posts on here, so aside from the potential issue of service, how do they perform?

• 3 weeks later...

What about the Key's line that home depot and costco sell? The costco line is sold under the "Discovery" name, but I understand that Key's is the manufacturer.

Does anyone have an input on the keys line? I have read numerous posts on here, so aside from the potential issue of service, how do they perform?

Still hoping to get feedback on this too?

The Discovery 440 DL at Costco.com is actually a Keys Backyard KB440DL. The costco.com photo of the spa is of a slightly different model. We got the spa delivered to our driveway 4 weeks ago, spent $600 for electrical work, muscled the spa back to the patio. 3 weeks ago.

Pros -- it basically works.

The jets are okay, placement and jet strength is adequate.

Costco returns policy.

Cons -- waterfall only partially works (water only comes out of the right half of the slot).

Jet controls have a cheap feel to them, and are hard to grip (bits of plastic from the molds that should have been shaved off better.

When ozonator was plugged into the board, the breaker popped. Called costco, they got me another ozonator in about a week, works fine now.

Very simple controls.

Manual looks like it was mimeographed, so the pictures in the manual are pretty much useless (however, you can download the manual and print it at home).

Keys to the lid lock were not enclosed. I called Keys Backyard, got new keys in a few days.

My overall assessment is that there are better deals, even at Costco. If you REALLY want to spend $4000 on a hot tub max(and I DO!), and you are prepared for a bit of up-front hassle, and you are willing to stick in some more insulation, AND you just can't accept a used spa -- this will work for you.

In the interest of disclosure, the Platinum 2 from Elite Spas is in stock at my local Costco, and I plan to go through the pushups of replacing my Keys tub with the Platinum 2 tomorrow. Will cost a bit more, but it's quite a bit nicer, and I am willing to put insulation in.

Well now I'm really confused, you say you are replacing your keys with a Plat 2, did we all miss something here.

No, he's been canvassing the internet and re-posting anything he sees that other people posted that he thinks paint a positive light on his purchase. It's not exactly like he's presenting facts as he asks others to do (after all, not everything people write on the net is factual, believe it or not), he's just throwing anything against the wall and hoping it sticks.

No, he's been canvassing the internet and re-posting anything he sees that other people posted that he thinks paint a positive light on his purchase. It's not exactly like he's presenting facts as he asks others to do (after all, not everything people write on the net is factual, believe it or not), he's just throwing anything against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Please explain what you mean? at least what I post has more met being real people to substantiate my claim rather then your postured opinions with nothing else to offer.

what is wrong with posting other users experinces to substantiate my claims! At least I can support what I say rather then just opionion with no substance.As to facts, it is much better the the old because I say it's bad it must be logic :o

Well now I'm really confused, you say you are replacing your keys with a Plat 2, did we all miss something here.

You will notice Guzz that this lying, coniving, and gutless person will not answer this question for you. When I asked him questions such as yours that would "paint" himself into a corner, he would not answer mine either. Thus my vote to have this guy BANNED from this forum.

The Discovery 440 DL at Costco.com is actually a Keys Backyard KB440DL. The costco.com photo of the spa is of a slightly different model. We got the spa delivered to our driveway 4 weeks ago, spent $600 for electrical work, muscled the spa back to the patio. 3 weeks ago.

Pros -- it basically works.

The jets are okay, placement and jet strength is adequate.

Costco returns policy.

Cons -- waterfall only partially works (water only comes out of the right half of the slot).

Jet controls have a cheap feel to them, and are hard to grip (bits of plastic from the molds that should have been shaved off better.

When ozonator was plugged into the board, the breaker popped. Called costco, they got me another ozonator in about a week, works fine now.

Very simple controls.

Manual looks like it was mimeographed, so the pictures in the manual are pretty much useless (however, you can download the manual and print it at home).

Keys to the lid lock were not enclosed. I called Keys Backyard, got new keys in a few days.

My overall assessment is that there are better deals, even at Costco. If you REALLY want to spend $4000 on a hot tub max(and I DO!), and you are prepared for a bit of up-front hassle, and you are willing to stick in some more insulation, AND you just can't accept a used spa -- this will work for you.

In the interest of disclosure, the Platinum 2 from Elite Spas is in stock at my local Costco, and I plan to go through the pushups of replacing my Keys tub with the Platinum 2 tomorrow. Will cost a bit more, but it's quite a bit nicer, and I am willing to put insulation in.

This is simply crazy!!!! The guy posted for two months straight about having a Costco Platinum 2 from Elite Spas. I too voted to have this person banned from this site. Hopefully he gets banned and seeks the help he needs.

I swear that this paint character is mentally ill. What else would explain the bazarre and irrational thoughts he has tried to express these last couple of months? This thread is NO DIFFERENT than any other that he has posted on. If anyone has any compassion for or responds to this goof, you must be ill as well!

what is wrong with posting other users experinces to substantiate my claims! At least I can support what I say rather then just opionion with no substance.As to facts, it is much better the the old because I say it's bad it must be logic :o

"Stick" to insurance not the wall.