Water Level Question

shane333

I have a question about the water level in my Hot Springs Vanguard. I have the water level about 1 inch above the highest jets which is a good level for my wife and I when we get in. My concern is when we have 3 or 4 additional bodies in the tub and what this will do to the water level. So far it's just been the 2 of us in the tub. What does everyone else do, just let the water overflow the tub? Bail some out before everyone enters the tub? Just wondering.

I have a question about the water level in my Hot Springs Vanguard. I have the water level about 1 inch above the highest jets which is a good level for my wife and I when we get in. My concern is when we have 3 or 4 additional bodies in the tub and what this will do to the water level. So far it's just been the 2 of us in the tub. What does everyone else do, just let the water overflow the tub? Bail some out before everyone enters the tub? Just wondering.

Hey Shane :) Nice Hot Tub by the way! :) We usually tell folks to keep the water somewhere between the top of the four neck jets (the ones above your Moto-Massage) and below the pillow. This works fine for having two people in there. If you should decide to have 3 or 4 people in there, you may find some splash over. Don't worry about it. Should you need to add water later no big deal.

Just so long as your water level stays high enough that it can naturally spill into your filter compartment you'll be fine. :) Keep in mind however, if someone turns on the jets when the water is below jet level, they might get a good splash of jet water. :P

Hi, I find on my Vanguard, keeping the water just above the neck jets the best compromise. Deep enough for me when I'm in the tub alone or not to spray when the clean cycle is turned on, yet shallow enough so my foot shorter wife does not drown, (even though she does use a booster seat). You'll find that, depending on the size of your friends, you can still get at least 4 in the tub before it gets near the top. My son was home and had it full every night over Christmas break, and it was about the 6th person that would finally over flow it. He even squeezed seven in one night!.

Very cozy, but they had a blast. :D

Enjoy, Randy