Cleaning Question

JKM

I have a 2004 Hot Spring that's made with blue Endurol. I've noticed that it has a slight hazy or chalky ring around the tub right at the water line. I bought the tub used so I'm not sure what the chemistry makeup of the water that was used in it. Nothing I've tried has worked at cleaning it up. I've tried a bleach based cleaner, soap scum remover and baking soda. Is it possible that the Endurol liner has been stained or chemically altered by the water in some way?

FWIW,

I am right now refilling my tub for the first time. It has been used nearly every day since I got it in July... (pretty good on the first fill from what I have read). Anyway I noticed a 'ring' like you mention (my sovereign is made of the same stuff). I know you are not supposed to use soap of any kind in the spa, but I thought that it would be ok since I was draining it anyway.

I used a little dawn dish soap on a cotton cloth and rubbed lightly... came right off. I think the 'ring' is mostly body oil, so I figured the dish soap would cut it and it worked for me. I would not use it unless you are changing the water though, it seems to me that I read some bad things can happen if your spa got soap in it.

FWIW,

I am right now refilling my tub for the first time. It has been used nearly every day since I got it in July... (pretty good on the first fill from what I have read). Anyway I noticed a 'ring' like you mention (my sovereign is made of the same stuff). I know you are not supposed to use soap of any kind in the spa, but I thought that it would be ok since I was draining it anyway.

I used a little dawn dish soap on a cotton cloth and rubbed lightly... came right off. I think the 'ring' is mostly body oil, so I figured the dish soap would cut it and it worked for me. I would not use it unless you are changing the water though, it seems to me that I read some bad things can happen if your spa got soap in it.

I'm not sure that this is your typical soap scum or oil. I'm going to see what the Swirl Away does and then I might try using a little Dawn.

-Joel