Little "bubbles" In The Plastic

spalover

I'm going to call the dealer about this, but I'm curious if it's a common problem and what it might be. We've had our Vita Spa for a year now, and I recently noticed a bunch of little "bubbles" or bumps in the surface under the water by one of the seats. Is that something to worry about? I don't think they were there before because they're in a spot where they would have been noticable to feel, i.e. near the foot jets in the lounger.

I'm going to call the dealer about this, but I'm curious if it's a common problem and what it might be. We've had our Vita Spa for a year now, and I recently noticed a bunch of little "bubbles" or bumps in the surface under the water by one of the seats. Is that something to worry about? I don't think they were there before because they're in a spot where they would have been noticable to feel, i.e. near the foot jets in the lounger.

It sounds like your shell is bubbling - you may want to check your warranty for the shell, as this is usually a sign of a defect in the material of the shell.

Hope this helps.

tomthespaguy

I recently noticed a bunch of little "bubbles" or bumps in the surface under the water by one of the seats.
How do you put in your chlorine? If you broadcast it over the surface of the water with the jets on, go out and do it right now. Then turn off the jets and see if any of the powder settles in that area. If so, you did it yourself.

BTW, if you use a floating feeder of any kind, and it 'parks' itself over that spot, you are also the cause of the bubbling.

If not, it may be a warranty item.

Not trying to sound negative, just putting out some ideas for your consideration. May help you not do it more if it is something you are doing - and perhaps to help others not have this problem.

B)

How do you put in your chlorine? If you broadcast it over the surface of the water with the jets on, go out and do it right now. Then turn off the jets and see if any of the powder settles in that area. If so, you did it yourself.

BTW, if you use a floating feeder of any kind, and it 'parks' itself over that spot, you are also the cause of the bubbling.

If not, it may be a warranty item.

Not trying to sound negative, just putting out some ideas for your consideration. May help you not do it more if it is something you are doing - and perhaps to help others not have this problem.

B)

Good points to look at . . .

tomthespaguy

Chlorine doesn't have anything to do with it. This is a natural problem with acrylic. Anytime that you have two different materials that contract and expand at different rates, this can happen. The only way to prevent it is to buy a Hot Spring, endurol or "Dimension One ultralife thermoplastic shell. That is why acrylic spas don't have the long warranties.

Chlorine doesn't have anything to do with it. This is a natural problem with acrylic. Anytime that you have two different materials that contract and expand at different rates, this can happen. The only way to prevent it is to buy a Hot Spring, endurol or "Dimension One ultralife thermoplastic shell. That is why acrylic spas don't have the long warranties.

Some of your responses get old. Why not just have a blanket "Buy D1" response to any post regardless of it's nature?

This sounds like a line of BS, where are the facts to support your position?

How long did it take you to come up with that closing line. You must be selling spas like hot cakes.

You must be selling spas like hot cakes.
I have heard that the hot cake market is down this year.

B)

Interesting about the chlorine. We put it in on the other side of the spa (by the stairs...the lounger is on the opposite site) but we do have the jets on when we do it so I'll give that a shot.

How is something like this fixed? Is it a major problem or something simple? The spa is just over a year old (13 months), so hopefully the warranty didn't run out!

Just answered my own question about the warranty (I think):

10 YEARS SURFACE:

The acrylic surface is warranted against blistering, cracking and chipping resulting from a defect in the acrylic surface material for a period of ten (10) years from the original date of purchase.

Would this be applicable to what is probably going on with it? Is it a big process to fix?

Interesting about the chlorine. We put it in on the other side of the spa (by the stairs...the lounger is on the opposite site) but we do have the jets on when we do it so I'll give that a shot.

How is something like this fixed? Is it a major problem or something simple? The spa is just over a year old (13 months), so hopefully the warranty didn't run out!

Weelllllll..... the problem is that if you did this with chlorine, you will have a tough time getting help with warranty.

B)

BTW - for the best results, you should not broadcast dichlor over the surface. It will do damage. It is very odd how it often settles in the same place - not always were you would expect - but even in an environment as turbulent as a spa with the jets on it will settle in same spot over and over, and that's what does it.

Far better to mix the dichlor with water first, or drop it into the filter area if you can - with jets running.