Homedepot Venice Spa

hiouridah

Looks like it is made by QCA which has a satisfactory BBB rating and made in USA.

Thanks

Those are 2 good things. Now if it had a reputation for quality and longevity it would be even better. If it had dealer support and energy effieciency it would be even better yet. But it doesn't so lets give it a satisfactory BBB rating, made in the USA and cheap.

Looks like it is made by QCA which has a satisfactory BBB rating and made in USA.

Thanks

Those are 2 good things. Now if it had a reputation for quality and longevity it would be even better. If it had dealer support and energy effieciency it would be even better yet. But it doesn't so lets give it a satisfactory BBB rating, made in the USA and cheap.

Thanks but can you give me some specifics please. How do you know their quality stinks or that it is not energy efficient? Where would I go to find this information? Without specifics it's just hear-say.

Thanks but can you give me some specifics please. How do you know their quality stinks or that it is not energy efficient? Where would I go to find this information? Without specifics it's just hear-say.

OK it's hear say. Buy one and find out for yourself! One thing my dad taught me a long long time ago, if it's cheap, there's a reason.

Home depot buys a price point tub from a manufacturer that builds them specificly for that price point. Go out and look at some 8 thousand dollar tubs first. Look at there fit and finish and look at there insulation. Then take a close look at the HD one (if you can) Not only will you notice the difference but keep in mind the components were put in that tub specificly for HD and lack the quality of a top brand.

But they are cheap and a good introduction to the hot water and jet world. Just don't expect them to last longer than 4-5 years or so and don't expect it to be energy effiecient or have a warranty other than on paper. They are exactly what they are, an inexpensive tub.

OK it's hear say. Buy one and find out for yourself! One thing my dad taught me a long long time ago, if it's cheap, there's a reason.

Home depot buys a price point tub from a manufacturer that builds them specificly for that price point. Go out and look at some 8 thousand dollar tubs first. Look at there fit and finish and look at there insulation. Then take a close look at the HD one (if you can) Not only will you notice the difference but keep in mind the components were put in that tub specificly for HD and lack the quality of a top brand.

But they are cheap and a good introduction to the hot water and jet world. Just don't expect them to last longer than 4-5 years or so and don't expect it to be energy effiecient or have a warranty other than on paper. They are exactly what they are, an inexpensive tub.

I don't know them well enough to comment about their quality but I'm with Roger on the logic he's using.

As far as the insualtion goes, IMO based on their method alone (which is the same as all bargain priced spas sold at Costco, home depot, etc.) I'd expect the spa to cost about double per month to operate compared to a well insulated spa. This insualtion method saves manufacturing costs for the spa maker but ends up costing the consumer every time they pay their utility bill (its no coincidence that none of the top selling manufacturers use this method of insualtion).

As the old Fram commercial said "you can pay me now or you can pay me later".

I don't know them well enough to comment about their quality but I'm with Roger on the logic he's using.

As far as the insualtion goes, IMO based on their method alone (which is the same as all bargain priced spas sold at Costco, home depot, etc.) I'd expect the spa to cost about double per month to operate compared to a well insulated spa. This insualtion method saves manufacturing costs for the spa maker but ends up costing the consumer every time they pay their utility bill (its no coincidence that none of the top selling manufacturers use this method of insualtion).

As the old Fram commercial said "you can pay me now or you can pay me later".

thanks to both of you for your comments. I will go check out the higher end models. I've also put an email to QCA asking about quality standards of their HD tubs. I will also check into the warranty part, I haven't looked at that yet.

Is it possible to get a good deal on a quality hot tub anywhere?

Also, what brands do you suggest I look into in the 4-6K range?

thanks,

Jamey

thanks,

Jamey

Great Lakes, Nordic, Emerald, @Home, Everyday are a few that come to mind. Value brands from major manufacturers. Or for 2-4 grand you could surf Craigs List and wait to see what comes up used.

thanks,

Jamey

I'm not saying that type of tub isn't right for you. It would be nice if you could wet test it beside or compared to some of the other value brands I mentioned. If your a do it yourself kinda guy and want to make the concessions a HD (box store) type tub may be a good fit. Then get a better tub the second time around.

I just bought a used Hot Spring spa for $500. After moving expenses, installation, new cover, fix-ups and everything, I will have about $3500 in the whole project. Best of all, I can find replacement parts if anything messes up. I'm charting the progress of the project on my Flickr page here:

http://flickr.com/photos/joelspics/sets/72157610393862901/