Thermospas Looking For Dealers

KIALDA

After years of using the sales pitch of a consumer buying direct, Thermospas is now looking for dealers. They have a new program where they are offering a "special" line of a few spas to dealers. There new pitch is anyone can be in the spa business. Just put the models in your store. Thermospas will stock inventory, deliver the spa for you, and service the tub in the future.. All you have to do is take the order and collect your commission.

I believe they tried this out west a few years back and the program failed. They have a guy that was let go from LA spas heading up the program. I never thought Thermospas had the service end of business down. It will be interesting to see if anyone goes into bed with these people. They are still going to sell the way they currently do with there "premium" line. So a potential dealer still gets to compete with the factory. They also say they will generate the leads for you.. or for there other dept.

After years of using the sales pitch of a consumer buying direct, Thermospas is now looking for dealers. They have a new program where they are offering a "special" line of a few spas to dealers. There new pitch is anyone can be in the spa business. Just put the models in your store. Thermospas will stock inventory, deliver the spa for you, and service the tub in the future.. All you have to do is take the order and collect your commission.

I believe they tried this out west a few years back and the program failed. They have a guy that was let go from LA spas heading up the program. I never thought Thermospas had the service end of business down. It will be interesting to see if anyone goes into bed with these people. They are still going to sell the way they currently do with there "premium" line. So a potential dealer still gets to compete with the factory. They also say they will generate the leads for you.. or for there other dept.

I wouldn't bring them in if they came in today and handed me $100,000 in cash as an incentive.

They also say they will generate the leads for you.. or for there other dept.

Carry Thermospas? I'd probably rather carry Master LOL!

This is Thermo so you have to think like a cat burgler to figure ou their plan but I think I get it. ANY lead they get they'll send their bloodhounds out to that person's house to try to sell their incredibly overpriced spa. The only lead you'll get are the people who get wise to the scam and don't buy from their snake oil salesmen. Once they fail with that lead they'll send it to you to see if you can pick it up from there.

Here is the new dealer line of spas from Thermo. At least on the website they try to hide there name...

http://spartaspas.com/

The website does not attempt to hide their name. It mentions ThermoSpas on the front page even. Sparta series is just another line of spas and hot tubs by ThermoSpas, in the same way that they have a Genesis series, Designer series, and a Fitness series.

Here is the new dealer line of spas from Thermo. At least on the website they try to hide there name...

The website does not attempt to hide their name. It mentions ThermoSpas on the front page even. Sparta series is just another line of spas and hot tubs by ThermoSpas, in the same way that they have a Genesis series, Designer series, and a Fitness series.

Thanks Jeff for the clarification. A leopard never changes its spots, My mama always told me that.

If it was just another series as you say, why dont they mention it at all on there main website where they have the Genesis, Designer and fitness series. In fact I could not find one mention of the Sparta series on Thermospas.com.

If it was just another series as you say, why dont they mention it at all on there main website where they have the Genesis, Designer and fitness series. In fact I could not find one mention of the Sparta series on Thermospas.com.

This is only my interpretation but it goes back to what I was saying above about the leads. They aren't going to show these spas on their website anymore than they'll indicate on their main site that they even have dealers.

Their primary goal is to promote the main website spas and go directly to people's homes to trick them into buying their crazy priced spas. Only after they shoot a blank will they send the lead to their dealer to sell these secondary spas shown on their secondary site. They don't initially want people to see the dealers spa line until after they had the first crack. In other words, they want to play both sides. How could a real dealer put up with knowing he only gets the scraps.

This is only my interpretation but it goes back to what I was saying above about the leads. They aren't going to show these spas on their website anymore than they'll indicate on their main site that they even have dealers.

Their primary goal is to promote the main website spas and go directly to people's homes to trick them into buying their crazy priced spas. Only after they shoot a blank will they send the lead to their dealer to sell these secondary spas shown on their secondary site. They don't initially want people to see the dealers spa line until after they had the first crack. In other words, they want to play both sides. How could a real dealer put up with knowing he only gets the scraps.

I called Thermospas for pricing. The dealer price for a Spartaspa basic 7x7 2 pump 50 jets is around $8000.00 :lol:

With their 130 plus Better Business Bureau reports, and 5 different hidden pro-rated warranties, I'm surpised people still by them. In my area it's the rednecks up north and down south of Grand Rapids, MI who buys, and where Thermospas thrive.

I don't understand how the GWEEDO Andy Tournas wins any industry awards.

I called Thermospas for pricing. The dealer price for a Spartaspa basic 7x7 2 pump 50 jets is around $8000.00 :lol:

With their 130 plus Better Business Bureau reports, and 5 different hidden pro-rated warranties, I'm surpised people still by them. In my area it's the rednecks up north and down south of Grand Rapids, MI who buys, and where Thermospas thrive.

I don't understand how the GWEEDO Andy Tournas wins any industry awards.

What awards... Other than awards given by maufacturers to there dealers for sales and service performance, show me one award in this industry or so called star rating that is not paid for..

Thats just the way it is..

So I wonder, will this new program work?

I think they will get a lot of dealers. There are so many small businesses out there selling cheap pool tables, trampolines, pools, motorcycles, ATVs, and other recreational products, and they are always looking for a new line of products to sell. They don't care too much about quality, they only want things that will bring people in the door and make them money. If Thermospa is promising to handle the delivery and service on their tubs, these dealers will think that they have nothing to lose. So these dealers will add Thermospa to their showroom. Now, I don't know if the tubs will actually sell. But I think that there will be dealers carrying them.

Other than awards given by maufacturers to there dealers for sales and service performance, show me one award in this industry or so called star rating that is not paid for..

Spasearch certified comes close. This has been discussed elsewhere and is not meant to be a thread hijack, simply a response to your comment. Search the forum if you want to review the previous discussion.