Hot Springs Or Artesian (island)

eboo

I'm trying to decide which is the best value. What are your opinions on the Hot Springs Vanguard vs. the Artesian Grand Bahama. I was quoted 8000 for the Vanguard and 8995 for the Artesian. I'm unable to wet test the artesian but I don't want to discount it because it has 3 pumps plus circulation pump and 62 Jets. The Vanguard has 2 pumps plus circulation. They both have the ozonator and colored lights. The Artesian looks a little more finished if you will because of the finished molding look to the top of the spa....

Any comments would be great.

Thanks

I'm trying to decide which is the best value. What are your opinions on the Hot Springs Vanguard vs. the Artesian Grand Bahama. I was quoted 8000 for the Vanguard and 8995 for the Artesian. I'm unable to wet test the artesian but I don't want to discount it because it has 3 pumps plus circulation pump and 62 Jets. The Vanguard has 2 pumps plus circulation. They both have the ozonator and colored lights. The Artesian looks a little more finished if you will because of the finished molding look to the top of the spa....

Thanks

Look closely, read here, ask questions, is that the only brands youve looked at? are you in the north or the south that might play a role in what you get.

Look closely, read here, ask questions, is that the only brands youve looked at? are you in the north or the south that might play a role in what you get.

I'm in the NE area. I did also look at sundance. I'm just under the gun now as I need to make a decision before I make myself nuts.....

Thanks

Hey eboo! My wife and I looked at both units in a side by side comparison at a dealer here in metro Chicago about a month ago. I am a consumer and not associated with the industry IN ANY WAY so you can trust me for a totally unbiased opinion. We liked the Artesian due to it's many jets (we tested the 62 jet unit) and the varied patterns including for the feet. The lounge was especially nice, although my wife (who is very petite) floats in lounges so that didn't work for her. The only negative to the Grand Bahama we felt is that the seats are fairly upright which were uncomfortable to us. But that is a subjective thought; you should wet test to make sure you don't buy a unit you regret later. If you can't wet test, just take off your shoes and get into it dry and sit for a while. You'll get an idea if it's right for you. Otherwise, I checked out Artesian with BBB and they have a good rating with NO claims filed against them. Plus, I have not heard any negatives about them here on this forum. So I think it's a good, reliable brand - just not one of the biggest mfg in the market. We liked the looks too; it's a sharp unit and lots of room around the perimeter for drinks!

The HS Vanguard was also nice but we thought it was light on the jets and only has 5 active seats (with a lot of wasted space for the warmup seat). I don't recall it having any foot jets in the well but I think it has a waterfall standard; the Artesian has it as an option. The HS catalog shows the unit only has 2 pumps; one 1.65 hp and one 3.5 hp. Maybe you were quoted some options to beef it up. The Artesian on the other hand has two 6 hp and one 3 hp. Not necessarily better since they will use more energy but probably more force. A lot of variables like hose/pipe routes, the diameter of hoses, etc. If you want the biggest mfg name on your unit, then go with the HS. I have nothing bad to say about them.

If you want my bottom line, we would have chosen the Artesian between those 2. The jets are wonderful and the lounge was great IMO. But we eventually went with neither when we saw the Arctic line.

I'm in the NE area. I did also look at sundance. I'm just under the gun now as I need to make a decision before I make myself nuts.....

I'm not sure how where you live is relevant. Whether you're in Miami, Cleveland, Toronto, Las Vegas or Mexico City, both Hot Springs and Artesian make excellent, well built spas. I'm sure you'd be happy with either.

Are you satisfied that both dealerships are the types you'll trust to be there after the sale? A wet test is certainly the way to go. Is there another similarly featured Artesian you can test so you can at least get the feel for the jetting since you can't get a feel for the seating in the one you're interested in?

Hey eboo! My wife and I looked at both units in a side by side comparison at a dealer here in metro Chicago about a month ago. I am a consumer and not associated with the industry IN ANY WAY so you can trust me for a totally unbiased opinion. We liked the Artesian due to it's many jets (we tested the 62 jet unit) and the varied patterns including for the feet. The lounge was especially nice, although my wife (who is very petite) floats in lounges so that didn't work for her. The only negative to the Grand Bahama we felt is that the seats are fairly upright which were uncomfortable to us. But that is a subjective thought; you should wet test to make sure you don't buy a unit you regret later. If you can't wet test, just take off your shoes and get into it dry and sit for a while. You'll get an idea if it's right for you. Otherwise, I checked out Artesian with BBB and they have a good rating with NO claims filed against them. Plus, I have not heard any negatives about them here on this forum. So I think it's a good, reliable brand - just not one of the biggest mfg in the market. We liked the looks too; it's a sharp unit and lots of room around the perimeter for drinks!

The HS Vanguard was also nice but we thought it was light on the jets and only has 5 active seats (with a lot of wasted space for the warmup seat). I don't recall it having any foot jets in the well but I think it has a waterfall standard; the Artesian has it as an option. The HS catalog shows the unit only has 2 pumps; one 1.65 hp and one 3.5 hp. Maybe you were quoted some options to beef it up. The Artesian on the other hand has two 6 hp and one 3 hp. Not necessarily better since they will use more energy but probably more force. A lot of variables like hose/pipe routes, the diameter of hoses, etc. If you want the biggest mfg name on your unit, then go with the HS. I have nothing bad to say about them.

If you want my bottom line, we would have chosen the Artesian between those 2. The jets are wonderful and the lounge was great IMO. But we eventually went with neither when we saw the Arctic line.

The Vanguard has 2 large jetstream jets in the footwell and 4 calf jets, 2 in each corner seat.

Thanks

Let's see, a Bently (Hot Spring) or a Ford.......hmmm what a hard decision.

Let's see, a Bently (Hot Spring) or a Ford.......hmmm what a hard decision.

With all due respect to HotH2o, it would be nice to afford some useable information to this prospective buyer rather than just some cocky, meaningless response. Hot Springs is not the perfect tub; otherwise they would have 100% market share! Why don't you give us some valid reasons as to what's wrong with the Artesian in your esteemed opinion?

With all due respect to HotH2o, it would be nice to afford some useable information to this prospective buyer rather than just some cocky, meaningless response. Hot Springs is not the perfect tub; otherwise they would have 100% market share! Why don't you give us some valid reasons as to what's wrong with the Artesian in your esteemed opinion?

Thanks all for your input. I think I'm going to sit in the hot tub dry to feel the seats in the artesian. I too thought the jets in the vanguard weren't too too strong.

Thanks again,

Gina

Thanks

Out of curiousity, did you actually wet test the vanguard or did you just put your arms in?

Thanks

The price you were quoted for the Vanguard seems a little on the steep side, I was at the local Hotsprings dealer the other day and saw a Vista priced at $7795.00 which seemed like a good deal. Depending on your geographical location $8000 might be the going price, it just seems to be alot to spend on a good tub with basic features, but not near the tub that the Vista or Grandee is.

I have the grand bahama w/ 52 jets and 2 pumps and am absolutely pleased. Only owned it for about 2 months but use it quite alot. Hot springs dealer was not close enuff to be considered. Looked at others but decided because the dealer seemed most knowledgeable and not the least bit of a sleaze ball like some others.

The price you were quoted for the Vanguard seems a little on the steep side, I was at the local Hotsprings dealer the other day and saw a Vista priced at $7795.00 which seemed like a good deal. Depending on your geographical location $8000 might be the going price, it just seems to be alot to spend on a good tub with basic features, but not near the tub that the Vista or Grandee is.

$7795 is not the going rate for a 2006 Vista, I sell it for 2 grand more than that and I know some markets are close to a grand more. Was it a used floor model perhaps or a scatch & dent. As far as a vanguard goes, 8k is a fair price.

$7795 is not the going rate for a 2006 Vista, I sell it for 2 grand more than that and I know some markets are close to a grand more. Was it a used floor model perhaps or a scatch & dent. As far as a vanguard goes, 8k is a fair price.

It was a floor model 2006 Hotsprings Vista for $7795 and they had a Vanguard floor model for $6595 and Sovereign Classic for $5895. These are all brand new, not scratched or dented. I remember the salesman saying that for whatever reason the azurite blue was not a fast selling color in our area. The Vista and and Vanguard were both that color. Maybe here in SE Washington State we have a lower price markup due to our location and cost of living? I know over toward Seattle/Portland Ore prices are much higher. I guess 8K for a Vanguard struck me as a bit high based on prices I see here. 8K is alot to spend on any brand basic/no frills spa in my opinion.

Thanks

This is the first time I have seen an Artesian desribes as looking a little more finished than a Hot Spring. Interesting.

Thanks

I tried the hot springs and found it week and way overpriced for a spa that didnt do much in my opinion. I was set on a grand bahama for quite a while. I loved the artesian quality, they have a good circulation pump, great looking and was priced nicely. I went to go buy one with my wife all amped up becasue I was finally going to buy a hit tub. What a big let down that was. Weak and under powered was my first response to the salesman. The seats were uncomfortable, the lounger had both my wife and I floating. I was also looking a the top of the line model. Needless to say, I did not buy one. I will also comment that the price quoted for the artesian is way over priced. I had that same model negotiated out to be less than that with the ozone and 24 hour circulation pump with the stereo option. Someone is getting you by the balls with that price. I bought an LA spa which I highly recommend to anyone. It has a full foam (8x8), nicely finished shell, 3 pumps, 24 hour cic pump, UWMS (ultimate water management system), stainless jets, multi LED system, all the goodies with lockable cover and lifter, real wood steps. Not the cheesey generic plastic POS ones most dealers pawn off. I paid less than 7800 for it plus tax. It was 8300 OTD delivered with a ton of chemicals, nature 2 stick, a huge box of renew, chlorine, test strips. all I am saying is that there are much better deales than that. I bought mine in Feb when they were desperate for a deal, not during the summer when everyone is in backyard shopping mode.