Mps

Duck Man

I would use dichlor for a sanitzer and MPS as a shock once a week.

??

What is everyones opinion on MPS treatment with dichlor shocking?

depends on the brand. some you can use 1 teaspoon mps before each use. dichlor small amt weekly;

Pls add 6 cups per 100 gallons...

Why so much? You're not familar with this at all. Ignorance isn't so bliss, is it.

I have found that using MPS daily, or after each use, tends to raise the TDS pretty rapidly. If you change the water every four months that may not be an issue.

But if you do - as was suggested above - swap Dichlor for daily use and then use MPS for a shock once a week or once a month it seems to work just fine.

I have found that using MPS daily, or after each use, tends to raise the TDS pretty rapidly. If you change the water every four months that may not be an issue.

But if you do - as was suggested above - swap Dichlor for daily use and then use MPS for a shock once a week or once a month it seems to work just fine.

Good advice, I concur! You can also skip the MPS and just shock with dichlor weekly (or whenever you show more than .5 ppm combined chlorine) if you are using dichlor daily to maintain your free chlorine level. I personally like to maintain a FC of between 4-6 ppm in a spa. MPS also has a tendancy to lower pH and 'eat up' total alkalinity somewhat more than dichlor does.