I'm Taking A Break

Amanda

I know, I may sound like a broken record but, really... all the insults and nastiness (no matter WHO started it, or who tries to finish it) really has no purpose in helping people coming here to get an education. Think about it. Someone enters the forum to learn more about spas and get help with their existing one or learn enough to make a decision on which one to purchase in their area and they find a bunch of spa salesmen bickering and insulting each other. :angry: ugh!

I personally have stayed in this forum to help keep things on a professional level (thankyou to those who have commented on my efforts :wub: ) and I have learned quite a bit after weeding through a bunch of junk. I just can't help but think how completely rediculous it makes our industry look to have to go through so much garbage to get a little morsal of real information. I wonder who would actually take the time to weed through the junk at all, or see this kind of behavior and think... "if this is what the industry is about, I'll just get a pond and blow bubbles through a straw instead".

***don't give up a spa search because of this silliness... not everyone is like that!***

I have been invited numerous times to a forum that has less of this kind of garbage where moderators spend a bit more time and actually BAN trouble makers and offensive/inappropriate topics. I have a strong desire to go to that one but I'd hate to see people be led astray by any nonsense in this forum. SIGH! Perhaps I'll take another break and come back when I'm not so tired of the yuckiness. I have also had quite a few personal messages asking my opinion on something and completely by-passing the forum entirely so the topic wouldn't be hi-jacked or start a "spa war" or to avoid being insulted themselves. Of course I answer the questions in a personal message and I appreciate the direct approach but we should collectively be able to offer this in the FORUM without "As the spa water turns" soap opera junk going on don't you think?

Thankyou to the FEW regulars that continually take the high road and keep their responses on a even kilter. I'm sure things will move along just fine without me for a while. I may be back soon... not sure at this point. My plea- no matter WHAT someone does to instigate a negative response- don't give in and let them win by responding with insults and negativity. An insult that completely misses the target has no power at all. Just move out of the way and answer the spa questions. I'm taking a break for a while AGAIN. There are much better ways to spend precious time than this.

Good luck to those seeking info. Hang in there.

-Amanda

I wish you both the best.

I hope you have sent emails to the moderator before you leave.....

Please.

:(

Its a real shame. Amanda and Term are to very good sources for spa info. I have learned alot from reading their posts. This could be a great site for learning and intelligent debate. Every forum has its "trolls"! Feeding them is the only reason they show up. Stop responding to the "trolls"! Amanda let me know in a pm what forum I can find you! I enjoy your posts!

I have gone to:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com

I may proceed a bit slowly in the new forum to find my "ground" and start fresh to establish my name in there. I hope to see alot of the regulars from here too.

I had been personally encouraged by numerous different folks... so I'll be checking it out in there for a while. My name in that forum is amanda_panda.

Thanks for asking where I went. I feel loved... :D:D:D:D:wub: see ya in there!

I have gone to:

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com

I may proceed a bit slowly in the new forum to find my "ground" and start fresh to establish my name in there. I hope to see alot of the regulars from here too.

I had been personally encouraged by numerous different folks... so I'll be checking it out in there for a while. My name in that forum is amanda_panda.

Thanks for asking where I went. I feel loved... :D:D:D:D:wub: see ya in there!

Why would you want to go to the worst site on the net for spa information? You need to get with the truth.

Why would you want to go to the worst site on the net for spa information? You need to get with the truth.

I've been in there just for a little bit and so far it's been a breath of fresh air. Really... no joke. There are folks in here that I really have grown to enjoy hanging out with and if I can say anything... visit that forum and you will know what I'm talking about. I don't want to write anthing bad... but well, come to think of it- I've already read some of the worst things possible in this forum. I have to mention, I was beginning to feel more of my time was spent trying to clean up the image of the spa industry so that people visiting in here could get information without being insulted or degraded or turned off or be forced to shuffle through smutt. Check many of my posts and you will see that that is the truth. Infact... I am very confident that I seek the truth, speak the truth, and fight for the truth. That sight (from what I have seen so far) is great. I won't rave about it too much because it would be a bit rude to this one and that is not my intention because I have been very loyal to this one for quite some time.

For those seeking the truth in this industry, don't you think it (more than likely) would come from someone who is able to maintain their professional composure when faced with adversity and speaks of any differences with respect for the knowledge that both parties have worked towards? The truth (in my opinion) comes from the place of an honest hearts desire for a greater understanding of others with a compassion for what is just and good... ALL of the time, NOT from bitterness and manipulative mental/emotional game-playing. Most certainly not from a person that attempts to bring out the worst side of people to appear to be more knowledgeable. Absolutely not from a person that harms others in the name world education who uses religious and philosophical quotes while in the same breath attempts to phsycologically twists people into knots. Please... test me on my desire to seek the truth and to help the spa industry. I will pass that test every single time.

Simply put... I am going there because (for now) it serves my desire to have my limited (and precious) computer time be as productive, fun, educational and helpful as possible. For those seeking good quality, FRIENDLY information... if you feel you are not finding it in one particular forum... try another. That's the conclusion I have finally come to. For the regulars... I hope you will visit me in there. I am finally exited about my forum experience again!!! Yipee! I was almost going to stop posting entirely but I guess I didn't have to take a break after all... just had to change forums.

Jim, why do you claim that site to be the worst on the net? So far, my exchanges with the folks in there have been kind, funny, encouraging, informative and very- very professional. Do these traights deserve the name "worst site on the net"? Or is it because you have been banned? Lets have the readers/regulars decide. Or.. stick around here while the next saga unfolds complete with cuss words, insults, and uncontrolled manipulative childishness.

To those who remain loyally here attemping (as i have) to keep things informative, professional and fun... Kudos to your perseverance. Your patience is better than mine. I simply cannot continue to do it. Time is far too short. I will miss ya and think of you often.

Finally happy again-Amanda

I suppose it is the "worst site on the net" because you are banned from that forum?

I've gotten very useful information there - everyone was helpful and professional. When I asked for information here I got some helpful information, but none from you Jim.

Bon chance with your delusions and God complex. Please get some help. Seriously.

Not posting here any more.

I've been in there just for a little bit and so far it's been a breath of fresh air. Really... no joke. There are folks in here that I really have grown to enjoy hanging out with and if I can say anything... visit that forum and you will know what I'm talking about. I don't want to write anthing bad... but well, come to think of it- I've already read some of the worst things possible in this forum. I have to mention, I was beginning to feel more of my time was spent trying to clean up the image of the spa industry so that people visiting in here could get information without being insulted or degraded or turned off or be forced to shuffle through smutt. Check many of my posts and you will see that that is the truth. Infact... I am very confident that I seek the truth, speak the truth, and fight for the truth. That sight (from what I have seen so far) is great. I won't rave about it too much because it would be a bit rude to this one and that is not my intention because I have been very loyal to this one for quite some time.

For those seeking the truth in this industry, don't you think it (more than likely) would come from someone who is able to maintain their professional composure when faced with adversity and speaks of any differences with respect for the knowledge that both parties have worked towards? The truth (in my opinion) comes from the place of an honest hearts desire for a greater understanding of others with a compassion for what is just and good... ALL of the time, NOT from bitterness and manipulative mental/emotional game-playing. Most certainly not from a person that attempts to bring out the worst side of people to appear to be more knowledgeable. Absolutely not from a person that harms others in the name world education who uses religious and philosophical quotes while in the same breath attempts to phsycologically twists people into knots. Please... test me on my desire to seek the truth and to help the spa industry. I will pass that test every single time.

Simply put... I am going there because (for now) it serves my desire to have my limited (and precious) computer time be as productive, fun, educational and helpful as possible. For those seeking good quality, FRIENDLY information... if you feel you are not finding it in one particular forum... try another. That's the conclusion I have finally come to. For the regulars... I hope you will visit me in there. I am finally exited about my forum experience again!!! Yipee! I was almost going to stop posting entirely but I guess I didn't have to take a break after all... just had to change forums.

Jim, why do you claim that site to be the worst on the net? So far, my exchanges with the folks in there have been kind, funny, encouraging, informative and very- very professional. Do these traights deserve the name "worst site on the net"? Or is it because you have been banned? Lets have the readers/regulars decide. Or.. stick around here while the next saga unfolds complete with cuss words, insults, and uncontrolled manipulative childishness.

To those who remain loyally here attemping (as i have) to keep things informative, professional and fun... Kudos to your perseverance. Your patience is better than mine. I simply cannot continue to do it. Time is far too short. I will miss ya and think of you often.

Finally happy again-Amanda

Amanda, come back, all is forgiven, join the "Don't feed the child that whines" program. Enrollment is free.