Pool Plaster

• 1 month later...

I want to warn everyone out there... I had Adams Pools plaster my pool. The pool is cracked everywhere. Adams has refused to re-plaster there faulty work. Adams told me to sue them...I'm going to!!

sounds like you filled the pool with your hose and not water trucks. if adams suggested that you get water trucked in and warned you what would happen if you didn't then they are not responsible. hairline or check cracks are inherent in all plastered pools according to the national plasterers council and are not considered a defect.

• 1 year later...
I want to warn everyone out there... I had Adams Pools plaster my pool. The pool is cracked everywhere. Adams has refused to re-plaster there faulty work. Adams told me to sue them...I'm going to!!

Thanks for posting this. My builder may use this firm. What kind of plaster did you purchase? I am interested in learning the cost for white plaster and/or 3M plaster for a 34x15 pool 3.5 shallow - 6' deep.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

There is only 2 good reasons it would do this. If it was a replaster job you must fill it as fast as possible. They should warranty it if it was full within 24 hours. The other reason would be it wasnt wet prior to shooting on the plaster and it has hot spots, very thin spots will also crack. If it was full of water within 24 hours they should take care of it. They can tell if the water was turned off because there will be tub rings, guarranteed.

• 1 year later...

Inexperienced plaster crews can also cause the excessive cracking from overworking the cement and raising too much water during the finishing process. This will dramatically increase the hairline cracking in the pool in the finished product. Water trucks are not required in order to protect a pool. Covering with poly or a tarp on all sides of the pool until full will make it so that no moisture is able to escape which will help protect the plaster during filling.

The truth is that what may be a lot of cracks to you may not in fact be a lot of cracks - this is a relative debate. What would be most helpful is some pictures of the problem areas to help determine the severity of the problem. Also if you are planning to sue you should get some pictures anyway.

I hope this information is helpful.

S

• 2 years later...

We had to get our pool replastered last year. We went with a company called All American Pool and Spas based out of Redlands. I wasn't certain how they were going to do so I first checked out there website and then I checked up on them at places like the BBB. When I requested my free quote, I spoke with the contractor about this exact potential issue. He said this: If something goes wrong He'll fix it without an issue. The problem," he continued, "is that the cost of defending himself in court is higher than the cost of replastering and if he were to lose in court, he would still have to pay for the fix." Whether or not it was the actual truth or not, I do not know but it was enough for me to go with his company. The best part is that the pool came out exactly as it was intended.