Automatic Pool Cleaner

wyocarey

Need suggestions on an automatic pool cleaner for indoor, in ground pool. Looking for something quiet, that works on exhisting filter system and can clean a little dirt, algae, small bugs. Also, looking for something that I can throw in Friday night and be ready to swim Saturday morning - or just leave attached 30 days a month and let work when timer cycles the pump.

Any help greatly appreciated - In-The-Swim always has the same ones and I'm thinking something less expensive since I'm not asking it to clean out leaves, twigs and blown in dirt.

Thanks in advance!!! Mike in Casper, Wy

• 3 weeks later...

The type of pool cleaner your describing would be a bit of over kill. If you don't want to do the cleaning manually as described above and money is not an issue, I recommend the Polaris line of cleaners. They make units that run with or without their own booster pump. Also, there is the aqua-bot, you literally "throw it in" and plug it in the wall...socket. Sounds scary huh? While I have little experience with them, The owners that have talked to like them.

• 1 month later...

I agree with the last person, either a pool vac or a barracuda, they are the most reliable and economical. The Polaris 360 has a lot of expensive moving parts and the bags aren't cheap either. Depending on the pool, the dont usually move as fast either, and they wont pick up smaller debris unless you get the silt and sand bag, and by the way have fun emptying out the bags and playing with the velcro. And dont think about getting the aquabot, it will last you a couple of months if your lucky, its not nearly worth the $1000+. Go with the pool vac or the barracuda.

For an indoor pool, I agree with the last guys. Suction side cleaners is all you should consider (and Polaris's suction cleaners are not good.) Pool Vac, barracuda, G3, they all work off suction from your existing system and will clean up any fine debris which gets on the bottom.

Polaris are awesome for larger debris. Aquabots apparently are king in NJ but ive seen too many problems operating in other climates. (I used to work on pool cleaners.)